Fly Tying

Hey guys,I was wondering about some different knots for the end of my leader when I tie on a fly.I usually use a noose kinda knot but i have noticed it uses mor line than it should.Any help is appreciated.Thanks Zip

ill try to send a picture of it cause its to hard to explain. And what are you using now? :D

DANNYFANNY

I use a clinch knot, but sometimes i run the line back through to make a stronger clinch knot when i feel like it.

Zip

I also use a double clinch knot.

Hey, by the way what part of the Clinch River are you from.

You also missed out on one great online class from Don the other evening.

Jeff

Sorry, I intended Bruce not Don that is twice today I did that, shows I should not go on vacation, the first week back, must be a killer for me.

Sorry about that Bruce!!

Jeff

Depending on how cranky purist you want to get, the best knot I have found for using very little tippet is the fastsnap - I prefer the ones from Northland Tackle. Granted, I am fishing warmwater - not finickey trout, and mostly wet flies. But I tend to hop around with different patterns, so it saves me a lot of time, frustration, and tippet.

Depending on how cranky purist you want to get, the best knot I have found for using very little tippet is the fastsnap - I prefer the ones from Northland Tackle. Granted, I am fishing warmwater - not finickey trout, and mostly wet flies. But I tend to hop around with different patterns, so it saves me a lot of time, frustration, and tippet.
\ I didn't know they were still available!! Sulphernut

My favorite knot is the Duncan Loop knot. I'm convinced that the this open loop knot give much more natural movement of the fly. I haven't done a study to prove it, but I feel that the added movement of the fly has also increased the number of strikes I get from fish. I use this not on almost all wet patterns I fish now.