Fly Tying
3FL2

Hatches Reviews

dont know about the magazine but the delivery system must be broke! guess i gotta wait for the postmaster to get done reading mine!!

In a typical fly tying or fishing or woodworking magazine I find a few articles that I think are going to be interesting enough for me to read and worth the money that it cost. In "Hatches" I want to read every article. The magazine will last me a few weeks I think before I really get through it, and then there will still be new flies to tie out of it. I like the fact that there are a lot of names that I have never seen before covering a wide variety of topics. I think it would be possible to do a magazine that really specializes in one type of tying but I think it is much more interesting to cover a variety in each magazine and helps to broaden my mind. It appears that the people who are writing the articles are passionate about their tying and are not just writing or fishing for money. I plan on buying every issue published in my lifetime and they will all be saved.

The first day since i ordered that i didnt check the mail before i went to work, and what do you , it was waiting for me! haha... I have just done a quick flip through so far, but can't wait to sit down and read the articles! the photos and layout look amazing.

Hatches is the best fly fishing-tying magazine that I have run onto. I have not tried them all, but have subscribed to several. Having the articles run on consective pages if great. The photos were exellent.

I had never thought about trying married wings, but I may have to play with that.

Crappie

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well, Mine finally arrived the other day, I knew it would take a while because I'm in Nova Scotia, but I tell you it was worth every day of waiting!!

Congratulations to Will, Nick, Al & Gretchen and everyone involved in putting this wonderful magazine together.

I must say, It's the BEST fly tying magazine on the market today! Hands down.

Every spare moment I get I'm ready an article, usually I loose interest in my other mag's after flipping through and reading just a couple of the articles that interest me. With "Hatches" I want to read every article and will most definitely be ordering another copy soon because this one is getting a good workout and I'd like a copy to put under plastic to save for years to come.

Great job everyone, a fine, fine, piece of work indeed!!

Damian.

guess i gotta wait for the postmaster to get done reading mine!!

Yeah. That's what I'm starting to think. I ordered in August and got the ship notice weeks ago.