Fly Tying
Ashby

Anna's Hummingbirds

These are called Anna's hummingbirds. I thought for a while that they were Ruby throat. After some research it turns out that they are Anna's. The Anna's (male) are the only hummingbirds where the deep red goes from bottom of neck over the back of the heads. The other is the female Anna's. My wife has been working with these little guys for a while, and they are finally used to us as you can see. The male will tolerate her for a little while, but will give chase if she tries to barge in too much on his feeder. For the most part, he allows her in the area during feeding. Hope you like the pics. I'm going to try to get more of them later today.

Ashby

post-3929-1194817305_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1194817330_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1194817369_thumb.jpg

Yes they are pretty cool to have around. Here is another close up of the female. I'm about five feet away from her here.

Ashby

post-3929-1194822163_thumb.jpg

Ashby,

My parents usually have around 20 hummingbirds at their place in northern Michigan during the summer. We put a finger right next to the perch and they land on it. Pretty cool to be that close and you can barely feel their little feet on you skin! Great shots!

Here is one from this summer.

IPB Image

Nice shot Vito. Yes, they are amazing little birds. I didn't know it, but the little guys can fly between 30 and 65 mph, that is moving. As for the bling sulfernut lol the wife said thanks lol. Trust me, she still owes me big time for that one :D

Ashby

Almost Dart, the diamond is a 1.3 CT, with the Old European cut. The Old European Cut was replaced by the Brilliant Cut at the beginning of the 20th Century. You can still find people that will do the cut, but this one is an original and is stunning.

Ashby