Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
duckydoty

Been away a long time

I've been away for along time and finally got the time to come back and visit. I've been through alot of life changes since last participating on here. I went through a divorce, took over the position of general manager at my cabinet shop, became a guide on Taneycomo, went to Alaska, took a job as guide for next season in Alaska, and oh yes, found a box that needs to be mailed to wickedcarpenter. Sorry for the delay dude, but the ex had it for a while.

Been killing all my spare time at Taneycomo night fishing mainly. Put in around 2300 hours of fishing since Jan 1. Will post some pictures soon.

Glad to see things still going strong here

duckydoty

Dame Bro great to see your azz back on here! I was wondering how You were doing. Sorry to hear about the ex and hope Your doing ok.

Life kicks ya in the balls every once in awhile but sometimes it's for the best (You might not know it at the moment, things work themself out for the better in the end). Hell man Your azz is gonna guide in Alaska!! :headbang: Great to hear it Homeboy and the G.M position!

Hopefully You'll have some spare time for a swap this winter.

I'm sure there's more than a few folks here that have missed ya.

Great to see ya back Duane.

Brent

Thanks Brent,

Guiding in Alaska is going to be an adventure for sure! I'll be in the Katmia Nation Forrest area taking weekly trips to Brooks falls (Thats where all the bears are) and fishing for 30"+ trophy rainbows on the Naknek with side trips to the Idevine and Margot for artic char and greyling, then of course there are all the salmon runs too. It's gonna be a rough job but somebody has to do it.

Is your address still the same? (If not P.M. it to me and I'll get that box in the mail too you)

I'm about burned out on the cabinet stuff now, but it pays the bills.

duckydoty

Same addy but no hurry Homeboy. I have flys comming out my........... :lol:

May be one year we can get a forum group to hit Alaska and have ya guide us. I will make that trip before i die! just waiting for my ship to come in :lol:

Brent

Here's some pics of what I've been doing

These are my trip to Alaska

IPB Image

Look for the Oh SH*! look in this fellas eyes

IPB Image

Big boy here

IPB Image

Some sockeye

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'll post some Taneycomo browns later

duckydoty

DD .. it was good seeing you at the Conclave in Mountain Home. Is that the shop you're guiding for? BTW .. Harleyhunter was looking for you on the TalkFlyFishing board.

Mike

Hey man, sorry to hear of all the downs you have had to face. Life happens, and it's all for a reason. Sounds like this one turns out that Alaska was needing a good guide, now that is worth all the pain right there lol. Welcome back, thanks for the pictures. That is just too cool that you are fishing that close to the bears and they don't even worry about you.

Ashby

Hey Ducky! I was going through some boxes literally last night and found some flies you had sent and wondered how you been. Sorry to hear there was some bad stuff, but also have some significant great stuff happen as well ;) Hope to see ou around a bit more.

Thanks for the welcome back guys

Mike,

Good seeing you there too, and yes, I fill in for him sometimes.

Here's some browns my brother and I've caught at Taney in the last month or so

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This was my brothers 1st big brown and he wanted to keep it. I talked him into taking the stinger out of its mouth because it looked stupid in the pictures. He nervously agreed, I took some pics with his camera. I then told him to get some measurements. He did. Then I told him there was no reason to keep it now, he had pics, measurement, and it would taste like sh*! so let it go, and he did :yahoo: IPB Image

duckdoty