Fly Tying

Hatches Interview

I am currently looking for an interesting person to interview for the next issue of Hatches similar to what we did with Bud. The members of FTF will be able to ask the questions and what I consider the best questions would appear in the magazine.

Anybody have anyone interesting in mind? Ideally it would be someone that has not appeared in every magazine possible for the past 30 years and somebody that is interesting and would give thoughtful responses to each question.

If you have anybody in mind please let me know. Thanks!

How 'bout Graham and his realistics or maybe his "trophy Browns"

I also think a small piece on the swaps going on here at FTF would be great.

Just my 2c

Justin

Tony Spezio from Flippin Arkansas. He's the guy that started the Sowbug Roundup in Mountain Home, teaches rod building and has about a half dozen of his fly patterns published in different mags and forums.

Mike

I once sat in on part of a demonstration by Kevin Feenstra at Cabela's in Dundee Michigan; he fits the qualifications :) Also Roger DePoy, the manager of the Lunker's fly fishing department (in Edwardsburg, MI) comes to mind.

Mabie i could talk to syl. nemes and see if he wants to... Or mabie the mind of a young full featherwing tier addict :) :hyst:

Will .. I've heard Steve call you many things but boring wasn't one of them. :kicking: :crazy:

Mike

Tony Spezio from Flippin Arkansas. He's the guy that started the Sowbug Roundup in Mountain Home, teaches rod building and has about a half dozen of his fly patterns published in different mags and forums.

Mike

I'll second that. Tony is a great guy with a lot of knowledge to share. I don't think you'd have any trouble getting "interesting" answers to your questions from him either. He's a pretty straight shooter.

I vote for Jim Reed, He is an amazing deer hair tyer, Chris Helm Steals a lot of his thunder, Not to take any thing away from Chris, But you just don't hear much about him.

i agree with jim reed as well

he is an amazing tyer. i have learned most of my deer hair tying from him.

he is a true gentleman. and fun to drink with on the streets of bozeman montana

A little different...

Captain Bob Lemay. A well-known saltwater guide and commercial tyer from Florida. You don't hear much about him, but he has great information about saltwater flies and if you look through the Umpqua catalogue he has a fair number of popular patterns.