Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mull Dover

Hello from the Sand Counties of Wisconsin

Hello to all,

Ive been wandering around this site, kickin the tires for a while. I have been pretty amazed by the collective wisdom, not to mention the talent of so many tyers.

I live in South Central Wisconsin in a small town nestled between the driftless area and the Sand Counties of Aldo Leupold fame. I have been an addict of the long rod for nearly 20 years and tying for the last 10.

I count myself fortunate to live in an area repleat with gorgeous smallmouth bass rivers and trout waters ranging from large freestones to intimate spring creeks.

I fish rods ranging from classic cane to fast graphite and love the asthetics and abilities of each.

15 years ago I met a beautiful young lady who was able to tolerate such things as muddy labrador tracks occasionally appearing on her clean kitchen floor, a stray shred of marabou sometimes appearing where it ought not and a fella who has the strange compulsion to stop on nearly every bridge he crosses to look at the water flowing beneath.

We have a 2 going on three year old son who seems to share his fathers facination with moving water. (last week I caught him dunking his arm in the family aquarium, wet to the shoulder and clutching a new $60 fly line in his submerged hand while chanting "c'mon fish!") :yahoo:

Last summer we made a family trip to a Sand county stream where he caught his first fish, an 8 inch brookie while fishing with his superman rod and a redworm. I have never been so proud of any fish I've ever been fortunate to catch. We released the fish and my boy cried all the way home because he wanted his trout. It has gotten to the point that if I want to fish alone ort with someone else I have to sneak out of the house for fear he'll see my rod tubes etc. But honestly I'd rather fish with him anyway.

I look forward to learning from so many here.

Regards,

Don

Welcome to the site Don. Look forward to hearing of some of the adventures of you and your son. (I think that age is the best; very entertaining and...........challenging)

Hey Don, I have eight and a five year old boys. Great fun, but there are many frustrating fishging times ahead of you, tanglles, falls in the river, hooks in your coat (or skin!). Always fun, but I can't wait for the day when I can fish with my sons and spend most of my time fishing. Welcome.

Steve