Fly Tying

Dubbing Brush Machine

Smallie,

This is a buddy of mine that builds these! It looks like you beat me to the punch! I am going to post some additional pics and information on the Trading Floor for anyone that wants to get their hands on one. They are great for creating custom brushes and very quick and easy to use.

Stonelfy

Pretty slick rig. Have never used a dubbing brush, but now see that they have broader applications than I'd realized.

Bill

These things are awesome. The possibilties are endless. Mine didn't have a motor, but I scrounged up an old sewing machine motor and added it on. Now I have total control on the speed of the rotation through the foot pedal.

post-58-1206823692_thumb.jpgLever,

Could you post a picture if how you attached the motor? I recently made a hand crank one and have an old sewing machine moter I could use on it.

I agree, there are a lot of uses for these. I had not thought of adding rubber legs.

Dave

This particular rig is very nice. It is a custom build and some of the parts are machined aluminum along with the solid oak base, adjustable material deck, etc, etc. Before this I was using a rig that looks just like yours Dave and it worked fine, but the electric motor and larger adjustable material base makes the process faster, more diverse in types of material, and very professional. You can crank out flies with just the right brush and the possiblilties are endless.

Dave the motor on this model is in a custom metal housing with variable speed and power switch. I will post a pic on the trading floor so you can get a better look.

Steelie - PM sent with a short description of the 'guy' building these and the cost to get one.

Thanks for the comments and the interest. Shoot me a PM if you need more info.

Chris

PM sent with a short description of the 'guy' building these and the cost to get one.

Chris,

How about posting the info and images here. I checked the Trading Floor and there nothing there.

Thanks!

Ray

Good Day,

Juding by the construction of the motor - it looks like this could double as a rotary fly dryer too!

Steelie

Guys,

Here are the pics:

Please send a PM if you need any additional info or have questions.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, I sent a pm but no reply so I'll try here.

Would you mind telling me what that motor is and where I might get one?

Thanks