Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

memorial day fishing?

I will be fishing in my own back yard on the Provo River. Fishing has been very good the past few weeks, and I do not dare travel somewhere else when the fishing is so good 5 minutes from home. I tried the upper Green River a few weeks ago on the Wyoming side, and was not that impressed. My little river is much better. I will fish it two of the three days. Good luck to everyone that has the chance to throw a fly. Matt

Breambuster:

The USS Indianapolis delivered the atomic bomb that we dropped on Hiroshima. After it made the deivery it was on it's way back and was torpedoed by a Japenese sub. The captain was court marshalled and later committed suicide. It was a freak thing as the sub was not expected and the capatain did not make manuevers of the vessel to avoid a possible attack, etc, etc. One of the big problems they had was the secrecy of the mission. Thus, no one missed them for days and as sharks will do, got into a feeding frenzy.

Anyway, Clinton, did one thing I agreed with and that was threw out the court marshal. Actually he did two things. The other was to proclaim fooling around with another woman was not having sex. My wife doesn't think that is funny for some reason:).

The quote is from the movie "Jaws". The movie has a lot of factual errors in it but it gets the point accross. Slo I have to wonder sometimes when wading in the Galveston surf if this is the smartest thing I have done. It's kind of like going into the bears den.

There are still a few crewmen living and they have a neat web site. They get together every year for a reuninion. I also throw a annual party in there honor. "Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

Ted

Dontheo, since we're talking about disasters, & since you mentioned Galveston, I wonder if you have ever read the book, "Isaac's Storm"? It's about a meteorologist in Galveston near the turn of the 20th Century. He predicted a hurricane, but the NWS would not allow the warning to go out lest it cause panic. The hurricane did come to Galveston with terrible loss of life. It's a true story and well told. You might want to check it out. If you ever get washed out to sea, maybe my son can pull you out. He lives on the other side. Tampa Bay. rolleyes.gif

Take care.

Breambuster