Fly Tying
Bud Guidry

anything foam swap

Bud,

Glad this one is coming together. A little more pressure knowing I'm tying 'display' flies. It'll be good.

A slight aside - you were talking about a glow product, but it sounded like a powder. I've been looking for a glow dubbing, but in specific colors - not the typical nuclear green. It is actually for crappie jigs for ice fishing. I just haven't found it. With your mention of glow products, ever come across anything like this?

Thanks.

Deeky

Tonight is the first chance I've had in the past few days to tie. I was exhausted when I got home from work so I took a 15 minute nap... when I woke up I had a vision! I sat down and tied my first attempt at a cricket and I would bet it's a fish catcher. I'll do some refining and tweaking... but expect a cricket from me. :D

deadline is september 20th fred and i find it disturbing that you would be clueless to an idea. if old fred can't figure something out then the end of the world as we know it must be close at hand. i can see you now standing on a street corner, big giant foam spider on a stick with a sign stating the end is near.

foam cicada ? (lightbulb over head )

Bud

Before I was done reading Bud's post, I was already thinking "foam cicada!" :D I lol'ed once I saw his recommendation.

PK, short response,

HOLY MOLY

send them here

Bud

i've become the cheering section for fred

GO FRED GO, GO FRED GO gimme an F, gimme an H, Gimme an E, Gimme a D, Go FRED GO :yahoo:

Put me down for a foam bodied caddis

If you want, I can tie another set so we can still do the "dirty dozen"

deserttrout

I was going to tie a foam body porterhouse caddis - but since deserttrout is doing caddis

I will tie up some Gurgalator (great skating pattern for late summer and fall)