Fly Tying
Dart

The Royal Family Swap

Frank! I got your flies today! They look very nice... I can definitely tell you labored over them, and it's appreciated! I also really like the extras you sent. I've never seen a leech or sedge pattern in person and the bugger pattern is new to me, with is being tied with ostrich plumes. I dig em all! I've had the fortune to be in a few swaps with you so far and I can always count on you to come through with some of the best flies.

Thanks for making the return packaging easy for me as well... it's appreciated!

Jeff

One more set and we'll be done. I'll get pictures up and mail them out!

I just wanted to touch base, guys. Still no flies from Justin, but I'd expect them soon. I'll let you know as soon as I get 'em.

I just wanted to touch base, guys. Still no flies from Justin, but I'd expect them soon. I'll let you know as soon as I get 'em.

Are they still not there?

I am really sorry that this is still carrying on. I must say that the Canadian Postal system sucks the big one sometimes.

I hope they arrive soon.

Justin

Not yet, Justin. I check the mail everyday and I'll let you know as soon as I get 'em. I thought it was my mail that's slow... but I get flies from Spanky overnight and he's across state. Who knows... :dunno:

And it's not your fault it's still carrying on. You were doing us a favor by filling a spot in the last minute!

it always takes my contributions over a week to get from Canada to a US destination. Our postal service absolutely sucks.

Nightly check in. Nothing yet. It looks like they were mailed Jan 27th... and today is Feb 6. That's 10 days... and I feel bad that they're not here but it's not my fault nor is it yours. I say BLAME THE GOVERNMENT! :ph34r:

I'll check in tomorrow night with the results of the day. I'll be home around 8-9 EST.

GREAT NEWS!!! I got your flies today, Justin!

ALL OF THE FLIES ARE IN!

I want to thank everyone for their patience in getting this swap accomplished. There was some adversity along the way, but in the end we got it done as a team. All of the flies will be mailed out first thing Monday morning and pictures will be up tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again, guys!

Jeff

Good News! "controlled adversity" thanks to your competent handling of the swap and those that stepped up.

Guys, the flies are all packaged and ready to be mailed! They will be at the post office in the morning before I go to work. Thanks to everyone for participating. I learned some things from your flies - especially your extras! I hope everyone else learned something too all while having fun.

Photos are going up in the first post. Check 'em out!

Wow, nice set of flies!

Great ties everyone, and thanks to Jeff for hosting a great swap :headbang:

This was much more of an undertaking for everyone than I thought it would be when I first signed up, so thanks everyone for making thuis swap so great.

Thanks Dart for putting it all together

I ccan't wait.

C

Got the flies today and as nice as the pictures were online they did not compare in the slightest to the actual flies. Everyone did a tremendous job, the flies are beautiful and it was well worth the wait. The group is going to look great in a frame.

Thanks everyone

C