Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

How long is your day fishing?

I'll start before first light, take a break around mid day along the river somewhere then fish till after dark....

If Im local it's usualy a half day.

If I drive over an hour I consider it an all dayer.

I'll pack a lunch and hit it hard all day.

Wadding Streams - As long as the knee holds out (usualy 4-6 Hrs) or more

Surf - With high tides. Sleep in between them in a tent on the beach

Boat - Till the beer runs out

Float Boat - Just got it, hoping it increases my stream time with less knee strain. Planning first outing in two weeks

QUOTE (Steelheader69 @ Jun 17 2004, 02:40 AM)
Steve, you ever make it out here, I'll take you down a trip down the Hoh, you'll see why I like the daylight hours. smile.gif

Thanks for the invite jerry,someday i will make it out there..i've always wanted to take a 2 week trip and hit a few different states during those 2 weeks. Places like montana,colorado and WA would be must fish places when ever i get the chance to do a trip like that.

SD

If i dont work that day its usually 6 hours, if I work its between 2 - 3.

If its a long time between landed fish, I will leave after 2.5 hours if my last landed fish is around 2.5 hours.

I like to start early in the morning and fish for 2-3 hours; and then from dusk to dark. If Browns are the target.... til 10 or so. BUT sometimes I'm happy catching one fish during an outing. biggrin.gif

No problem Steve. You make it out here, you have a seat in whichever boat I'm using (whether it be a jet, driftboat, or big cataraft). biggrin.gif

For me it depends on what time of year it is, the weather, species I am after, and how far I drove.

If it's the local lake/stream down here I will fish a few hours here and there. Theres not alot to do in SE michigan.

If I am up north at school I fish every chance I got in between classes. On the weekends, I fish every second of the day usually sleeping 3-5 hours a night, if I am lucky. If it's pourning down rain, I won't go out. Usually when I get homework done tongue.gif

If I drive 30+ miles I fish as much as possible. However, I do sleep in on days unless I have to meet someone at a boat. I do this just because I fish every chance at school.

Salmon is a different story for me. We usually(depends on when we arrive) fish from 11-7 or 8 Pm. After dinner we then head back out and fish from 11 AM til 4 AM until the day we leave. We then usually leave around 4 PM or so. Sorta depends on our next days scedule with work though;)

Salmon; I have been known to fish from sun-up to couple hrs after the sun goes down.

Steelhead; 1hr before daylight, 'til maybe noon, get some lunch, then hit it again.

Trout; When ever, and as long as I can. Usually early morning and the afternoons.

So, for me it really depends on what I am fishing for, and how long I feel like fishing. Sometimes I go just to get away for a couple hrs.