Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Wow this thread is near 500 posts! that's amazing!

Claudia you fly is no where near a P.O.S. The body work is wonderful. The head is very tight. the proportions are good. Is this one done with out tools also? Very nice work!!!

I must tell All of you that it is with great honour i click in to this tropic every time.

All the sweet tying all of you make... I LOVE IT !!!

Hillbillyredear, youre flies looks very creativ. how long have you been tying? i like the eye on youre bassbug. uh, by the way... i need to ask you. how com you tie in the beadeye on the top of the hookshank? and how come to uneaven heads and no body, only tail?

Thank Jimmywhiplash, how r u doin? have you been tyin anithing more realistic latly?

Flytier, i love youre soft hackles, they look soo neat and fishable. i can see you put alot of effort in youre tying.

SmallieFanatic, can see you also started on the "classics". how long have you been on it?

Brodheadscreek, welcome to the page, you have the same age as me. how long have you been tyin?

the wet in youre advar look amaing. the red qwill i a graceful flie, that fishes great. you made a sweet job on youres. keep up the good work at youre vise.

MontanaBound, from what i can see from the pic, youre flies looks fine.

Oh my f.... god!!!! Rocky!

That one is a beuty!!! love everything about your The jay P.T :wub:

! Sick job my friend!!! :headbang: :wub: :headbang: more jay coming youre way+more in the end of this week.

D5, thanks alot :) what is P.O.S? you know me and guesing on the short version words... ;) flies made by me from a size 14/10 and up i tie in hand the rest i put in the vise, woven bodys i make in the vise to and all the headcementing and multi ribbs to. i guess you easy can say iv got my own style tyin :D. have you been tying any thing mad latly? and did youre brother like the icefihing flies you made him for chrismas?

Bear Hug C

If you are referring to the Darters I tied them more like a Jig for Panfish. And Bob Clouser's Origional Pattern for the Darter does call for the eyes to be tied on top of the hook shank with the hook Pointing down. Unlike the Clouser Minnow which is just the opposite.

I have been tying for about 2 years. I am still learning. I learn something new every day.

Hillbillyredear, youre flies looks very creativ. how long have you been tying? i like the eye on youre bassbug. uh, by the way... i need to ask you. how com you tie in the beadeye on the top of the hookshank? and how come to uneaven heads and no body, only tail?

Brodheadscreek, welcome to the page, you have the same age as me. how long have you been tyin?

the wet in youre advar look amaing. the red qwill i a graceful flie, that fishes great. you made a sweet job on youres. keep up the good work at youre vise.

Bear Hug C

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your kind compliments I have been fly fishing and tying since the age of 13 and am starting to tye for the first time classic winged wets as they break up my time at the vise the ones in avitar are some of my first megar attemps and hoping through this website to improve and tye as well as or close to some of the fantastic tyer's on this board there are ton's of amazing fly's on here your's included. Here is a pic of my first attemp of aclassic winged wet The Admiral. A little shakey but not bad I don't think.

post-19386-1232555610_thumb.jpg

heres kind of a dumb question, but what is a greenie weenie supposed to immmitate, an inch worm?

A fly i tied for a friend to put a :) on there face today. But i hope it puts a bigger :) on there face when they land a big leaper on it

Rocky

post-12809-1232576572_thumb.jpg

post-12809-1232600754_thumb.jpg

Hillbillyredear, okey :) i was wondering about it, as the beadhead on top of the hookshank will turn the flie upside down when fishing. i think it was Day 5 that made one sweet fliejig some time ago. have a look at it if you like fishing with jigs, some variation never hurt :) and the one he made is sweet ill tell you :) oh then you been tying a little longer then me, im also sort of new :)

Brodheadscreek, oh my god you been on the tyingbench alot then :) no wonder youre flies are great. i like the classic wets alot and iv just been starting on the classics and wets. must say that they appeal a hole lot to me as they are so clean and great lookin. i like youre first try on the admiral alot, wings looks sweet body work fine rib even and right length tail, the only down thing is by my meaning that the false hackle is a tad to long, hope you dont minde me sayin so.

Hi Rocky, yet another time my eyes get to rest upon some of the sick creations from youre vise. the pink trio you made is fab, i like the last one the most, the one with a black tip featherwing it got that spesial Rocky style to it :headbang: hope they all will catch and land some good size rainbows/steelheads.

Heres some of my trying from my tying aria. so far so good... hope this keltic jock scott will turn out the way it should...

Huge Bearhug C

post-11348-1232704295_thumb.jpg

A friend asked me for some dark colored flies for sub-surface use. Tied these up for him last evening:

mw_small.jpg

Cheers,

Hans W

A friend asked me for some dark colored flies for sub-surface use. Tied these up for him last evening:

mw_small.jpg

Cheers,

Hans W

Hi Hans/Flytier

Is that hareline and CDC or just soft hackle..

It is a great pattern

Is that hareline and CDC or just soft hackle..

Thorax: Argentinean hare

Hackle: Whiting Coq de leon, dark dun

Cheers,

Hans W

tonights tying so far(10 wollies, and a foam hopper) any suggestions on what i could change on them?post-18856-1232766798_thumb.jpg