BMS

IMG_0945.jpg

Clouser

IMG_0952.jpg

Foam Back humpy's

IMG_0960.jpg

What you guys think of my flies?

How can they improve?

I always forget to tie foam humpys, I love tying the regular ones but I'm looking to use more foam... I will have to do some up this weekend. I like the emerger, what's the recipe? All look good, though I think the hairwing on the stimulator should be a bit longer (but might want to verify).

I always forget to tie foam humpys, I love tying the regular ones but I'm looking to use more foam... I will have to do some up this weekend. I like the emerger, what's the recipe? All look good, though I think the hairwing on the stimulator should be a bit longer (but might want to verify).

Yea sorta like Henryville's specials

That emerger looks like a pattern called a hairbrush...The work exceptionally well when the fish are keying in on fly's just right in the surface film

Yea sorta like Henryville's specials

yeah thanks for that id seen the pattern some where and didnt know the name :D

they have caught so many stream fish here in Australia this summer

the emerger i dont know the name

but i tie it with a pheasant tail tail and then pheasant body

a peacock thorax with a syntetic craft fur head works a treat and is easy to see

Brodheadscreek, that sunrise of youres is stunning! a fine addision with a woven body on this wet! the false hackle looks better then the admirals. Redwing hold a wetwingd class some time ago and he makes some realy nice wets, have a look at he's. Most of the stuff iv been making latly ended up under the razorblade, but ill gues im soon so satesfied with my work that i can post something in here for you...

Hans W, i belive you make the nicerst soft hackles i ever seen.

Fishboy. its hard for me to comment on youre first deerhair flies as i hate to work that material my self.... just keep practesing and find youre self a good step by step pattern so you get how to spinn it. its someting like; hold hairs, 2 loos turns with the thread, tighten and lett go o itt spinns, stroke back and vind the thread thru the uprised fibers...

Rocky, i like youre craws. what are the material for the shell?

Old Hat: cool, thanks ill have a look for the material next time im going material hunting ;)

Mason20. i like youre humpys alot.

Micke: sweet spey and cool looking wet flie with that sort of wool head.

Bearhug C

:blink: good morn miss "C" i have been working on deer hair patterns and crawdads as i cant make it (deer hair)poof rite ......and a lot of foam sliders tying to make a dalberg type of patten ...have a great day

Brodheadscreek, that sunrise of youres is stunning! a fine addision with a woven body on this wet! the false hackle looks better then the admirals. Redwing hold a wetwingd class some time ago and he makes some realy nice wets, have a look at he's. Most of the stuff iv been making latly ended up under the razorblade, but ill gues im soon so satesfied with my work that i can post something in here for you...

Hans W, i belive you make the nicerst soft hackles i ever seen.

Fishboy. its hard for me to comment on youre first deerhair flies as i hate to work that material my self.... just keep practesing and find youre self a good step by step pattern so you get how to spinn it. its someting like; hold hairs, 2 loos turns with the thread, tighten and lett go o itt spinns, stroke back and vind the thread thru the uprised fibers...

Rocky, i like youre craws. what are the material for the shell?

Old Hat: cool, thanks ill have a look for the material next time im going material hunting ;)

Mason20. i like youre humpys alot.

Micke: sweet spey and cool looking wet flie with that sort of wool head.

Bearhug C

Thanks !

Claduia, yes i think wool head is nice on the flies,the spey fly was cool to tie but I get some good help whit this one :rolleyes:

Micke

040-3.jpg

Size 18 cdc bwo emerger, one of my favorite emerger pattern to tye.

Great tying every 1 some nice tying going on

76 could you post the recipe for that fly i would love to fish it

Rocky

here ya go rocky.

size 18 CDC BWO emerger

Tail---light dun z-lon

Body----bwo turkey biot

thorax---bwo superfine

wing---slate grey cdc.

hook---size 18 light wire scud.

I like to use the turkey biots instead of the goose because they are smaller and they let you get more segments on the body. I also will always trim the z-lon tail irradically, becausw if you are able to catch a bwo coming out of the shuck, there is nothing even about it. You can also sub the z-lon for wood duck which will make the fly sit up in the film a little more, but I just like the flash, and if I feel the fish are getting that picky than I will just take a parchute dun and put some xinx on the tail to make it ride lower into the film.

here ya go rocky.

size 18 CDC BWO emerger

Tail---light dun z-lon

Body----bwo turkey biot

thorax---bwo superfine

wing---slate grey cdc.

hook---size 18 light wire scud.

I like to use the turkey biots instead of the goose because they are smaller and they let you get more segments on the body. I also will always trim the z-lon tail irradically, becausw if you are able to catch a bwo coming out of the shuck, there is nothing even about it. You can also sub the z-lon for wood duck which will make the fly sit up in the film a little more, but I just like the flash, and if I feel the fish are getting that picky than I will just take a parchute dun and put some xinx on the tail to make it ride lower into the film.

Thanks 76 this is a great looking pattern that i will be putting in my fly box

Thanks again

Rocky