Fly Tying
mkankmike

You know you're tying to much when...

You're petting a wire haired terrier thinking "This feels like calf tail, I wonder how it ties?" :lol:

when you look at the swans in the pond with greed and thinking so many flies so little time :shifty:

when you wake up with drool coming out of the side of your mouth and lo and behold you have just finished tying up 12 bwo's

When you have a custom-made 100% oak (from your own property in IN) fly tying table, but don't have a dinner table...

Before...(just moving in)

P7270002.jpg

Now....

PB150023.jpg

When you're 16 and instead of going to a movie you think "what material could I buy for that $10 I would have spent on the movie"

When the worst pain of your life is the tennis elbow caused from spending to much time tying....

You're petting a wire haired terrier thinking "This feels like calf tail, I wonder how it ties?" :lol:

You refuse to pay your bills because there is a sale on power saws...so you can cut a 4 foot wide 120 foot long hole in the frozen lake to see if your flies work properly

When you climb into bed with your spouse at the end of the day and the last thing on your mind is "How do I get that wing to stand up properly?"

When the guys that pick up the road kill on the highway make daily deliveries to your house.

When you count your hooks for you next order using a scale that goes up to 5 pounds.

When Whiting farms and Tiemco send you birthday cards.

When you spend time searching the internet for Chinese bead distributors.

Cheers, Futzer

When they are renovating your office building and instead of going to check out your new office you walk around the construction site with a pair of wire strippers looking for scrap “ribbing.”