Fly Tying
mkankmike

You know you're tying to much when...

When every one in the entire school knows you tie and they give you money for flies true story kids that like to fly fish (up to a dozen all started by me and a buddy) whom i also taght how to tie so we split up the money

When your mom decides to get ALL hardwood floors in the new house because the carpet in the old house has patches missing. :devil:

When you have more bottle of hard as nails than your daughter.

When every time you walk into the local fly shop everyone yells your name.

You find yourself with a safety pin in the vise tying a fly on it. (True Story)

Img_1020.jpg

when your wife thinks that the cat has mange until she see's the new bag of dubbung on your desk....hmm....can't say that has ever happened to me. <_<

When you read this entire thread for a half an hour and get upset cause you forgot the pattern you were going to tie when you first logged on

When you meet new relitives on your wifes side you walk in their house and notice the fire fox blend of fur on thier pet and your wife sees the look in your eye and says "don't even think about it"

When the rest of the family is wondering whats inside the wrapped presents your trying to figure out when is a good time to grab that holographic tinsel bow off your nephews present

All true stories BTW

thanks for all the laughs everyone

when you forgot to finish your homework due that day in study hall, because you were looking for a new fly to tie that night :devil: :whistle:

When you keep a vise permanently mounted to a TV tray in the half bathroom.

Cheers Futzer.

:hyst:

Leave it to Futzer to turn a comic thread into a think tank. That's a world-class idea, right there. :D

:hyst: Dude that happens to me 24/7 !!!!

When your pathetic please of "can we go to the craft store for scrap book stuff" is met with a sardonic laugh from your mother as she leaves for the coffee shop

When you keep a vise permanently mounted to a TV tray in the half bathroom.

Cheers Futzer.

:hyst:

Leave it to Futzer to turn a comic thread into a think tank. That's a world-class idea, right there. :D

Safety tip! I only tie large patterns in the half bath, as it is not the place to spill a hundred size 20 hooks. BTW I stole that idea from an ad in the Drake Magazine.

Cheers, Futzer

While I am here, you know you are tying too much when you are brushing your teeth for bed and you poke yourself in the cheek with your tying scissors that you neglected to leave at the TV tray in the half bath. True story.

I must admit I am guilty of some of these!

Here is a few more though.

You can tell your tying to much when...

Your mom askes "Why do you brush the Cat EVERY night?"

When you have customers asking for your best fly and you have to tell them that the fly is no longer available at the moment due to the fact that the Cat is not in this life. (true story)

When your GF is looking at you funny as you read this and Gets IDEAS!!! (ie...where is my saddle hackles!!!!)

When you GF wants you to go to bed and says hint hint and your clueless cause your reading this post..

When you pause and stop a video on fly tying so much that it crashes your computer (um...actually did this saturday)

When your parents ask if they can send you anything, you ask for your tying stuffthat is in the basement storage

When at night your GF is mentioning fly tying materials, lighter fluid and bonfire in her sleep ...still trying to figure this one out.

When you propose to the love of your life..u substitute the Diamond for a beutifully tied #20 CDC Elk tied by Hans

Your mom wants to know where her nice new feather earings are and u just whistle.

When the neighbors have pecocks and you drive by really fast in the hopes that one is out in the road that day

You drool over certain roadkills

When you tell your GF that Fly fishing and tying are a lot safer than bull riding so you can get that new Rotary Vise you have been waiting years to get.

Why would you speed up to get that peacock when you could chase it in the yard and say you accidently ran into the ditch just make sure to take the bird off the hood of the car

Ps Jeff, i think you are the master of entertaining yourself on the toilet i thought reading books was bad :hyst: