Fly Tying
TheBigLost

Whats your other job?

I have worked in the paper industry,retail-- Ikea furniture --at present I am working in a plastic factory where we make anything from automotive to medical components

I have never sold any flies but have given lots away lol

I-84 is one of my fav roads I've ever traveled. I'd have to say my all time fav though is a highway off of I-90 that runs through the yellowstone park, and for quite a distance of the yellowstone river. Next to being in the fishing industry, it is THE greatest job. I get to see lots of beautiful country, earn a great paycheck, and like I said....get paid to sit there and fish occasionally.

Aerodynamicist/R&D Engineer B)

Long hours, but the pay is great and the projects tend to be very cool.

Oh Hardyhead, can we talk about large pike flies and long casts, and do you have access to a wind tunnel. :rolleyes:

Cheers Futzer.

I recently just sold my first fly. It was a salmon fly I sold on eBay. It sold for $22.75. I actually enjoyed selling it. I made a few bucks and it was cool to see that someone thought my work was worth paying for.

Geohydrologist for an environmental consulting firm. Tied flies commercially to help get through school. I got to work in some of the greatest trout water in the US. Traveled to most of the other greatest trout water in the world as well; EU, Canada, former USSR and Mexico too. South America is next on the list . . . . :headbang:

I run a detox. Don't worry, I won't tell your real names.

I love my job. We help a lot of people. Made the mistake once of posting here that I was trying to get my flies out this week but I had a hard day in detox..............

I have sold flies, but I have more fun giving them away. You tie what you want, when you want.

I'm an environmental reviewer for a few big commercial mortgage servicers. Interesting stuff some days - slave to self-employment others.

I love my job. We help a lot of people. Made the mistake once of posting here that I was trying to get my flies out this week but I had a hard day in detox..............

I have sold flies, but I have more fun giving them away. You tie what you want, when you want.

Do you have any programs for a "friend of mine" that ties way too many 32s and chases "pretty" trout or if I, uh he admits he has a problem enough?

Cheers, Futzer.

Do you have any programs for a "friend of mine" that ties way too many 32s and chases "pretty" trout or if I, uh he admits he has a problem enough?

Cheers, Futzer.

Does he have insurance?

great topic, got a lot of people on board, me I'm just a boring supervisor in a

manufacturing company for windows and stuff. you know stuff like blinds, verticals

stuff like that.

Locksmith By day....and night..... :ph34r:

Yes, I can pick that type of lock,

No, it's Not as easy as the movies show it....well not All The time... <_<

Fulll time dad of 3 very active boys, and husband.

Also a dabbler of numerous other things, Writer, Etc.

This February will make 20 years as a commercial banker. Banking helped me through my last two years of college. Started as a clerk in the commercial workout department during height of the commercial RE problems in the late 80s and early 90s. then credit analyst, commercial lender. I recently took a job in Oct on the credit side as a credit officer.

On the sales side, "banker's hours" were a reality and since I don't realy play much golf, it allowed good fishing time especially since 06 when I started fly fishing. The new job is more "stay in the office" so the transition has been tough on my fishing time.

Started tying christmas '07. When I grow up (40 this year) as every little kid on here, I would love to find a job in fly fishing. With only two years fly fishing experience, I got a &*^% load to learn. So I better get off the e-box and get fishing.....

I am a glorified repair man dealing mostly with medical equipment(sterilizers,washers,scrub sinks,ect. A contractor with the 2nd largest supplier of said equipment in the world.