Fly Tying
Vilageidiot

Baby Duck Pattern

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a baby duck or goose pattern for pike, musky, big browns? A couple of guys at work and I thought it would be kind of fun to throw for big browns like a mouse pattern but can't find anything on the internet about one. Thanks for any incite on this kinda fun idea

How about kittens? I once met an old farmer who was using live kittens as musky bait.

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a baby duck or goose pattern for pike, musky, big browns? A couple of guys at work and I thought it would be kind of fun to throw for big browns like a mouse pattern but can't find anything on the internet about one. Thanks for any incite on this kinda fun idea

Whew! I thought I was the only nut who'd thought about this. I haven't seen any, but I'm imagining a spun deer hair popper style with little rubber legs & feet that wiggle. I bet big browns would key in on something with dangly feet. It would probably be tough to cast though. :P

Glue a hook to a Rubber Duck :hyst: :hyst:

This topic comes up about once a year. Take a look back through the archives and you'll probably find it. Usually the best option we come up with is spun deer hair. A couple of hackles out the bottom for some kicking, not even sure a head is necessary.

There were actually some commercially tied patterns linked a while back, but haven't seen any results from forum members here.

Hope that helps.

Deeky

Dang dude Those are some wild looking flies guess your winters are just to long in Manitoba eh? but seriously you didn't cast that duck out to the water did you? What about your Manitoba Tiger Trout would they hit that?

cheers Rick

Hahaha..... I did not tie this LOL.

The big old tigers love boatmen and back swimmes, but I never heard of one taking a duck ...... Yet !!!!! :bugeyes: Have you ever been to the Parkland?

And for those who have no clue what a tiger looks like here. (This is my first one I every caught on the fly 2 years ago on a boatmen..you can tell someone caught him before)

twinlakes005.jpg

PS this is Last year May 1st :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Two Mile Lake

Lakes005.jpg

Gull Lake

Lakes012.jpg

I saw a post a couple of nights ago and it is on the new post today that you should look at. It is The Norwgian CDC popper collection. It is not in English but the pics are great. There is a duck or chicken one made out of wood I think but when I saw it I thought of this post about the baby ducks for the pike.