Fly Tying

I know this is not to true tying etiquette but,

my kids have this cat, long hair mixed and mottled color.

White to gray to black. If they comb him out it sheds all kinds of hair

and it looks like it could work. Have any of you tried this and would the hair

hold up. (I don't think i'll tell my wife, she really likes this cat).

tom

laugh.gif

You bet!! A dog though, not a cat. Try it - you'll find it works great!

Any time I need white dubbing, white/tan tail hair or polar bear substitute I call in the dog! He's a good sport about it, and has gotten used to the scissors. But his tail does get to be a bit ratty looking by the end of the summer. tongue.gif

I got two yellow labs who love to be brushed. The tail hair is hollow like deer and very soft. I have tied flies and named one after each of them including "The Millie" named after my late best friend.

Now here's a weird thought. I just got back from the barber shop and was thinking about all that hair he was clipping off not to mention the stuff down my shirt back sticking me. The grey stuff is real stiff and I got a lot of that. Hmmm.

I have been tying Nymphs and stoneflies from my black cat Cito , for years.

He USED to lay at my feet at my tying desk.

I have been tempted to use his whiskers as Microfibbets or tailing material.

So far the only part I have been able to obtain is the last part over the fence.

Cats, the other white meat.

Cheers

Duff

(now don't get all bent out of shape, I 'm foolin, he begs to be brushed) tongue.gif

My cat (the Steel Gray NEUROTIC!) pulls on and then spits out his nails- they come off in sheaths, just like a knife sheath- and the suckers are SHARP!!!

Anyway- I occasionally find his whiskers- nice, long, white- just ready to be used as antennae or microfibbets. I stick them behind one of the photographs on the mantle. This cat likes to be brushed while he eats, but at no other time 'cuz he always thinks somebody's up to something and is gonna capture him and the vet is gonna come and he'll have to get a shot or a finger up his butt or something more awful than that and then runaway to the third floor to hide for three days until he can't hear strange voices anymore rolleyes.gif

Did I mention he's neurotic? dry.gif