Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deserttrout

Summer Time Bugs Swap III

Flies are on there way

A Gaggle (?) of Bloodworms flew in yesterday from Rich. Will make some nice droppers or.... How do you fish them. SUPER JOB!!!

Also some Pink Straws arrived from Canada and once I looked closely; they were enclosing some beautiful Streamers from Horseshoes. WOW!!!!

Private messages are going out to the few that have not been in contact to find out the status of their ties. I would Love to get the flys back to all of you the first week of Sep if all is fine.

Tight Lines, sleep well and be at peace.

Jim

Thanks deserttrout I am glad they arrived. They are on the light side as in floating. Was going to add weight but decided that with the diifferent restrictions in some places that It was best to leave as is. A few tugs on the line submerges them. Looking forward to the variety in return.

Mine were sent the other day. I should have sent them express but I'm sure they will get there near the deadline.

36 Rainbow Ghost streamers

Let me know when they arrive. Sorry if they are a few days late...

Mine are on their way also, thundercreek variation. They only have about 400 miles to go to get to Jim, so they should make it.

Michael

Jim,

Mailed the flies this morning. They should be on your doorstep Fri or Sat. Thanks for running the show. Great job.

Hope you're doing well.

Thanks

Steve

See first post for edit.

Four more sets of flies arrived this week. WOW!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Some great tiers out there. Thanks for all the support.

I hope to have the flies back to you by the Friday after next. We have numerous sets in the mail with one from Canada and one from Germany. They will be the ONLY ones I wait for past next week. If they arrive after I have sent the flys out, I will mail them to you.

Just returned from the local post office with sets of SUPER Streamers from: Wild Bill Sciotti, Dave Behr, Steve, Aaron , Kevin, and Walter (love the Micky Mouse envelope). :headbang:

Great streamers from all. Will be using some this Oct up in Hell's Canyon on the Snake River for some Steelhead. :yahoo:

Just got a report from my brother on the Pink Salmon in Washington. More fishermen than salmon. Elbow to Elbow, fights, crossed lines. What happened to etiquette? :wallbash:

Jim

I got a nice surprise in the mail this morning. A bunch of beautiful flies, nice tying everyone.

Thanks Jim for hosting, I am sure it was a chore having so many tiers, but a very nice outcome.

Michael

The flies arrived yesterday, Jim, How did you manage to fit all those flies into my tin. What a great selection and a multitude of colors. Thanks for hosting.

Jim thank you for a grate swap you put it togather very will. all the flies very nice. Sing me up for next year. Hoping the best for yor. Thanks

Received the flies Tues. Great ties everyone. Jim thanks for hosting. Looking forward to the next one.

Hope you're doing great Jim

Steve

Got the flies a couple days ago. Everyone did a great job!!! Thanks for letting me play, Jim!!