Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
yellow bomber

Bomber Swap

Got the go ahead from Will to host my first swap and seein as how these dandy Bombers work so well, I figure it would be a good one to start with. It would be great to see some tyers from Europe sign up too, you folks gotta be using these little gems over there too. All are welcome, new and seasoned vets alike.

So dust off that deer hair, load up the vise and lets roll.

I'm in Canada, so any Internationals shoot me a PM and we'll work out the postage deal.

First 12 with an "I'm in" and a pattern. Everyone ties 12

Due date: September 4th which is a Friday

1. salmo-salar - Half and Half Olive Bomber Sent Sept 16th

2. BigDaddyHub - Green Single Wing Sent Sept 4th (Rec Sept 17th)

3. atroutbum2 - TBD Sent Aug 24th (Rec Aug 31st)

4. BassBugn - Chartreuse Sent Sept 8th (Rec Sept 15th)

5. AF_Tier - White/Red Split Wing Sent Aug 30th (Rec Sept 14th)

SM - Green and Orange Split Wing

I'd join, but this is beyond my skill level. Maybe next go around

More for the practice than anything really. You've got your hands full as it is, by the looks of things lol

I'd join, but this is beyond my skill level. Maybe next go around

Ditto for me. I just go the hair to start spinning half way decent, no way I want to send something I'm not proud of...especially to the likes of yellow bomber and salmo-salar. I've seen you guys work and it rocks!! Next time around, maybe I'll have the necessary skills.

Jump aboard, lykos. It doesn't look like we're going to have many people so you wouldn't have to make a bunch of them. They work great on the Margaree and would definitly be worthwhile to get a few in your flybox and some practice in on tying them.

These things are like crack for Salmon

Ya know ya wanna :devil:

would be interested in knocking the dust off my spinning skills...just have to find the right hooks for salmon...not many salmon fishermen in KY...so, count me in....that makes three, right? Due sate still Sept 4th? Mine may be a bit late getting there....last flies I sent to Canada got held up in Customs on our side....

Very nice! Good to have you aboard BigDaddy! The due date isn't set in stone, so no worries about that. As for the hooks, don't worry about them being for Salmon or not, I use Mustad 9672 or 79580 #4 Streamer Hooks for all my Bombers, anything with a long shank will do.

Cheers buddy, thanks for joining!

Great...use the 9672 for bass and steelehad flies...haven't tied a bomber in three years...have several in the bass box just for the smallies...will have to a little research and declare my fly in the morning. I like seeing the different flies from other areas of North America...reminds me there's a whole other world outside my own little streams

I think im gonna get in on this one.

What is a good size hook to tie a bomber on?

Welcome and thanks for joining, atroutbum2! Good to see some action here finally lol. As for the hook size, the ones i listed above work great but anything in a #4, 6, or even 8 with a long shank would work fine, it's totally up to you.

Thanks again for joining, its going to be great to see what everyone comes up with!

I'm interested as well YB. I use them for Smallies also. However there is a very good possibility that I would be mailing them out to you around the 4th. If that's OK I'll make my choice in the next couple of days. If not that's OK as well. I do not want to hold up your swap. I'll catch it next time.

Thanks,

Steve

Right on, BassBugn! That due date is completely flexible, take your time on deciding your pattern and send em when you can, great to have you on board!