Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
yellow bomber

Bomber Swap

Got yours today BDH, I think you were bein a bit hard on yourself. They look great even though you were one short. :smoke:

Those extra's are very cool, btw, what pattern are they? Thanks a bunch!

ONE SHORT!!?? Aw, SHIT!! Sorry about that, YB. I thought there were just five of us! SHIT! Did you get the note about the head on one of the flies...it may have been loose when I put it in. Meant to re-whip it and cement it, but didn't remember if I did so....hated this swap...damn things drove me crazy!

The extras are generic Alaskan Flesh flies....very easy ties and very effective for the steelhead...would imagine they would work for the salmon.

Glad they look okay. Half of them I got the hackle to look just right, with a good overall length and not too springy.

Not that the other half are crap or anything (I think :rolleyes: ), but they just didn't click the same way the others did. But the ones I sent were the best out of the dozen I tied, so they'll have to do!

My girlfriend called me today to say the Salmo Salar's flies arrived, so all sets are here now. I'm out of town until tomorrow (Sept 22nd) and will send them out the following day (Sept 23rd) Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for your hard work and effort on these, they may have been frustrating but I don't think anyone will be dissappointed. You guys are great!

Flies went out today folks, just wanted to say thanks for a great swap and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. They will definitely be put to use here in Atlantic Canada and I hope they bring you luck in your neck of the woods.

Cheers to all and thanks again.

Got my flies today, they are beautys. Thanks alot guys for letting me be involved. A speical thanks to yellow bomber for hosting this swap, it was fun!

Flies arrived today. They look great. Thanks Yellow Bomber for hosting. This was alot of fun.

Steve

Mine came today, and the flies that survived being run over by a truck :ripped: :crying: (im not sure if it was the us of canada po) look great. the altoids can ended up being about 2mm thick

Yellow bomber, thanks for hosting

Got mine, and I gotta say, I think I was the low man on that totem pole.

Definitely room for improvement!

Overall, great swap. I really enjoy seeing other tying styles, especially when they outclass mine! Thanks for hosting Bomber!

Frank

Glad you enjoyed it, I did too. Those bombers are tricky little things to get the hang of but when it comes, its great and they actually start to be fun to tie.

:cheers: