Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CharlaineC

Let me introduce myself

Hello all I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Charlaine I hail from Cranston Rhode Island and am somewere in my 30's . I'm finally in a place were I am able to pick up Fly tying as well as become a better Fly fisher.

Having spent most of my adult life as a soldier I am finally home for good. Now living as my fathers caretaker and being disbled myself. I have a large amount of idel time on my hands, and after spending this summer fishing with my father I have decided to try my hand at fly tiying in the hopes that it will as I have been told help me with my ptsd and other emotional issues. I already repair fishing rods, some reels and some tackle as well as begining to learn how to build rods. I'm also huge into model rocketry and Invertebrate collecting.

I worked in the law enforcement field as well as the field of I.T and computer repair for most of my military and nonmilitary life.

I will try my best to not ask to many dumb questions but I will try to ask questions that will help others to come in time.

Thank you all for your time and this great site.

post-23117-1253705774_thumb.jpg

Charlaine,

Welcome to the forum. Do not worry about dumb questions. If you need to know something just ask. There are a lot of great people on the forum who are willing to help with just about anything.

Rob (former Air Force)

Charlaine,

Welcome to the forum. Do not worry about dumb questions. If you need to know something just ask. There are a lot of great people on the forum who are willing to help with just about anything.

Rob (former Air Force)

thank means alot right

Hey, you served our country, so anytime you need to ask a dumb question just preface it with "Oatka was too chicken to ask himself, so I'll ask for him. (Then insert dumb question here)"

That's the least I could do for you, plus, I'm use to asking stupid things!

Good luck with all your adventures, make sure to check out the other "sister sites" for more info on tying and rod building.

welcome Charlaine. :)

No such thing as a "Dumb question" .... believe me. I just started tying myself about a year or so ago and have posted my share of some really newbie question and everyone here is always more then willing to help out. You'll find this is a terrific forum for fly tying for beginners and the Fly pattern database is a wealth of information.

Spent 4 yrs in the Navy myself.

Mike

Welcome. You'll find a lot of encouragement here. Tiers all the way from beginner to World class, and all more than willing to share ideas and tips. Don't be shy about asking questions, just go ahead and blurt them out. Chances are someone else has just the same question.

Again, welcome.

welcome Charlaine, I think you will find aspects of fly tying very theraputic . I'm teaching tying to several of my sons friends that have just returned from the middle east. They love it. I 'm sure you will too. If we can be of any help just ask. Great bunch of folks here always ready to help.

Fred

Thank you for your service and welcome to the Forum Charlaine.

The only dumb questions here are the ones you don't ask. If nothing else, they may give the group a good chuckle and everyone needs a good chuckle once in awhile.

Lot of good info here about tying and fishing. It's a good place to hang out when you can't be fishing, which I hope is not too often.

I like you already...another female member; military veteran, AND law enforcement...Man, if I wasn't already happily (or so I'm told) married, I'd be all about you!! LOL! Welcome to the forum! Ditto what the other fellas have already said. Look for my wife, Flyfisher 13, she's on quiet a bit lately! Have fun with this!

BDH

Welcome home...to THE Forum, and like all the other good folks have said...aint no stupid questions, just the ones that don't get asked, so ask away! :cheers: :thumbup: