Fly Tying
Wellman

What kind of camera do you use?

What kind of camera do you use  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I...rather we as it's actually my wife's, have a Canon Powershot SX100 IS point and shoot. It's not a bad camera and I have figured out how to take macro with it, but what I want is DSLR...most likely the Sony a200 or something like that....it's a dream for me at this point in time LOL!!! :wub: :rolleyes:

I shoot a Canon Rebel both film and digital with several lenses. I also have a little kodak digital I carry on the water or climbing so if it breaks or gets a dunk I'm not out of too much money.

I use a Olympus E520. GREAT Camera. I use it for ALL my shots of my flies, and other close ups. When Fishing, I use the Olympus Stylus (Shock Pfoof/Water Proof)

Rick

I just bought a Nikon D5000 .Have'nt learned all the functions just yet and plan to buy a macro lens . The built in macro settings works great . But I need some very detailed insect photos. You know like on the hairs on the legs of a bug. I want to see the hairs on the hairs. :lol:

Fred

Canon 20D with Sigma 18-200mm lens as my main camera. Then a Sanyo XACTI underwater cam and a Nikon L5 cool pix for the ones I carry in my vest. Then a Sony 28 Handycam for making videos of fishing.

Steve

Canon 5D

24-105mm f/4L IS

70-200mm f/2.8L IS

100mm f/2.8 Macro

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 5D Mark II for the increased resolution (12.8 MP vs. 21.9) and the self-cleaning feature. The 24-105mm is my walkaround lens and it covers 90% of my needs. I use the 100mm macro mostly to shoot my wife's paintings - it's a razor-sharp lens and linear distortion is minimal. I use the 70-200mm so little I sometimes wonder why I bought it. It's one of the finest zoom lenses available, but I should have put my thinking cap on before I shelled out that kind of dough. Sometimes what you want isn't the same as what you need.

Hi Group,

I've shot Nikon film, medium and large format cameras since the mid 60s. Currently Gretchen shoots a Nikon D200, Al shoots Fugi S3 & S5 plus several older Nikons. Our on-the-water camera is an Optio 10. Our lense assortment is much bigger than we need. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

I use a Pentax K20D with either the Sigma 17-70mm macro lens, sigma 50-500mm lens and the Pentax 135mm f/2.8 lens. I have ordered a Pentax 645N Medium Format camera and lenses on its way to me. Hopefully will have it to play with some this weekend.

Jim

My lovely bride and Santa brought me a Nikon D40 for Christmas last year and I love it!!! Still learning all the tricks, but the cover shot on my book was taken with it...

My wife has a Canon PowerShot that is a pretty nice camera as well.

I have a Canon EOS40D and a variety of lenses. My main kit is as follows:

Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di IF

Tokina 12-24mm F/4

Sigma 50mm F/2.8 DG EX Macro

Canon 50mm f/1.8

Sigma EF500DG Super

Canon 70-200mm F/4L

Plus a fair number of the usual accessories like a Cokin filter setup, remote trigger and mono+tripods