Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Cheri

Did some spinning last night!

Sorry guys haven't looked at this post in a while. Spinning is fun it is my sculpting that sucks. :wallbash:

Don't laugh too hard!! :hyst:

Cheri you got the hair on the hook and tied down.. thats all that matters right now you got forever to work on the aesthetics. and work at it you you can show up the other spinners on here

and then teach me :)

Cheri, you shouldn't feel embarrassed, you're off to a respectable start. Sculpting is just a matter of spending the necessary time and not rushing it. On the head of your divers like the one pictured, you may find it easier and cleaner to fold a double-edged razor blade between your thumb and forefinger and using that to make cuts that extend from the hook eye to the collar. Anyway, I think you're off to a great start and hope you keep going -- I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you'll progress. :)

-- Mike

Thanks Mike, will keep at it and try the razor blade. Hadn't been brave enough yet LOL!

enter the dark side with caution once you go buck you never go back :devil: :devil: :hyst: :hyst: :devil: :devil:

Sorry, but spinning is more like the shady side. The Dark Side can be found on the Classic Fly Forum.

Off to a lovely start, Cheri! I'd fish your fly! Positive it'll take fish. You're gonna love deer hair flies, girl!

I see nothing wrong with your deer flies. As A.K. said let the fish be the judge. Looking at your flies Iam think bass, :bugeyes: Big BASS. Have a good and safe fishing trip. Kenn :yahoo:

Better watch out or you'll have the PETA Nazis on your ass. They don't approve of deer spinning any more than they do of cat spinning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3v8BMNdDvo

Signed up for a deer spinning class and had a blast last night! Two more classes to go and we will start a real bug tomorrow. I can't wait! Came home covered in clippings and grinning from ear to ear. Fun Stuff!!