Fly Tying
Ridleyffo

BWO Swap

My abject apologies. Mine went in the mail today (I sent them priority). I know they should have gone out earlier (they were done), but unfortunately life got in the way. Again, I do apologize. I won't be entering any more swaps until it is apparent that my schedule will be clearer.

I got Professori's fine flys on Saturday but havent seen the ones mailed by Fly Tryer yet. Getting a bit worried over those as its been over a week now. Professori's got here from Canada in just a couple of days.. I will email Fishtastic to follow up for his today!!!

it can take 10 days for priority to get here from canada. when it comes to fishtastic, i don't see any indication that he actually plans to follow through on his end of the swap. I think as soon as you get flytryer's flies you should split up the flies and send them back. just keep the extras for being so patient.

i pm'd fishtastic, but I see what you mean Mike. His profile indicated he hasnt been on the site since 3/17. He requested an addy on 3/14 which I sent within a day or so. I will mail them out as soon as I get fly tryer's. (Nothing today) I will tie up some real simple "go to" midge patterns so everyone will get a full set.

Instant Karma has a way of getting back at you. Maybe a year of skunk will befall he who fs with my swap.

Sorry mine have not reached you yet they were definately sent last week, they were sent out the same time as the flies from the swap I hosted ( the one you turn to). People have received flies from that swap over the last week or so. I will understand if you want to proceed without mine.and apologize for leaving it to the last minute to mail them. I guess Canada post has buggered it up again!!

Steve

Havent seen the flies from the One you Turn to Swap either. I will wait until monday's mail and mail the swap out on Tuesday

Received Steve's (Fly Tryer) flys yestersday. Nice little paraloop emergers. I will divvy them up today and post them on Monday.

No flys or recent responses from Fishtastic. I will tie up an extra fly for everybody to replace Fishtastic's no show flys. Something simple as I have to get to Easter dinner at my sister's home in a couple of hours and will likely be very very sleepy later.

Thanks to everyone for participating. Sorry for the delays and hopefully everyone can still get in some BWO fishing this spring. And remember stockies really can't tell the difference anyway.

I also made a promise for two prizes. Most Unique/Most Effort and a Best Newbie prize. I will judge while I separate the flys and post the winners later or tomorrow.

Thanks again and tight lines to everyone.

Bob

Flys are sorted and will be sent out tomorrow.

Im glad I waited until after Easter dinner to package everything as my Mom gave us an Easter present with some nice pale green ribbon. (My wife says that it is Toule??) Looks similar to the organza I use for trico spinner wings but is woven a bit tighter and doesn't separate into strands as easy as the organza. Looks like it would be great for burnt wings and can be used as spinner wings with some separating. Anyway, I cut it up and will send each of you a piece.

Now for the Prize winners. After careful and a very difficult decision (this really is a nice set of bugs) and without any pandering to the ladies, I have chosen our two Lady Tyers as the winners.

Fly Girl wins for a dam good looking and meticulously tied fly. I think it is the best of the bunch. Congratulations Bev

Cheri wins the newbie prize for her unique pupa emerger??? I think it should fish like a soft hackle subsurface and I am very excited to try it this week. Nice ty Cheri.

For the prize you have a choice of feathers, fur, foam or other finery(all inclusive category). Just pm me what you could use and I try to put something together for you. If I dont hear from you before I hit the post I will send some ????feathers????

Thanks to everyone for participating. Thanks for all of the extras and special tys that were included, I am certainly grateful for those!!! I kept the flys that were tied for fishtastic and included and extra tie from me, to round out an even dozen to everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed the swap and catches many bandies and big boys with this sweet collection.

Tight Lines.

Bob

Wow !....glad you liked them although I'm sure it was a tough decision...and congrats to Cheri...I saw what she tied up & can't wait to try it .

This was a fun swap ...I'm going to fish each fly from this swap & post the pics so be watching ....thanks for hosting.

Thanks so much Ridleyffo! Contrats to you flygirl! Fish the sweeper from the butt end of the nymph. We did awesome with them mid afternoon just before the caddis came off.

Go out and catch some fish gang!! Thanks for hosting Ridleyffo!!

Received mine today. Awesome tyes! And congratulations to the prize winners.

Bob- Thanks for hosting and for the fine piece of fabric. Looks perfect for cut/burnt wings.