Fly Tying
Flytyer14

Favorite Fly

Guest Tony P

Clouser!!! It's like the night crawler of the fly fishing world. You can catch just about anything with it.

Favorite fly to fish is a # 28 cdc midge.

Favorite fly to tie varies allot.But I really like working with deer hair,tying comparaduns and hoppers.

shane :headbang:

Favorite to fish...I want to say dries, but the catagory would need to read 'favorite to catch a fish on'. I find my most productive flies to be bigger streamers: leaches & buggers mostly. The mexican mayfly is right up there as far as productivity, too...

Favorite to tie is probably little zebras & brassies.

I love to tie deer hair bass bugs; dahlberg divers, swimming frogs, poppers, mouse patterns, etc. I tie trout flies too, my favorites are elk hair caddis, midge patterns, and hoppers.

Tom

It all depends on the type of fishing I am doing.

Rivers- Gold Bead head Hairs Ear

Lakes- Sparsely tied black marabou micro leech tied on a size 12 Scud hook.

Rick

Favorite fly to fish with would be a wool head sculpin pattern that I came up with... It's caught big browns, rainbows, brookies, steelhead, carp, bass (largemouth and smallmouth), pike, sunfish, catfish and even a baracuda.

Favorite fly to tie would have to be soft hackle wet flies... Partridge and Green, Partridge and Orange, Biot Body Wets etc. Any classic or modern wet fly is super fun to tie.

My favorite fly to tie is the one that happens to be in my vise at the time. My favorite to fish is a Clouser minnow or a variation thereof.

My favorite flies to fish are big surface bugs, because I enjoy topwater fishing the most. My favorites are primarily those made of foam, balsa, or cork. Anything that will float all day without getting water logged. Poppers or sliders, doesn't matter, what ever the fish will strike! :D

I don't have any single fly that I like to tie, I just enjoy tying, and that includes most anything I tie. ;)