Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
coinman66

Jordan Creek Creature

Dont know what to call this fly, so i came up with Jordan Creek Creature. I hope it catches some Smallies! Ive been tying a little over a year and try to come up with my own stuff. Sometimes it doesnt turn out the best, but i kinda liked this one so i thought i would post it. Thanks

Frank

post-23191-1277666095_thumb.jpg

post-23191-1277666125_thumb.jpg

post-23191-1277666184_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool. My thought is that the herl antennae might not last very long though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm wrong a lot, just ask my wife!

That's pretty cool. My thought is that the herl antennae might not last very long though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm wrong a lot, just ask my wife!

My wife says the same thing! I will take a broken antennae for a 3lb Smallie!

If that bad mother doesn't catch a monster nothing will... I'm gonna up-size that and tie some for large mouth this weekend. I too would take a couple broken antennae for a 3lb anything!! you know I wouldn't be surprised in the least to smack a big ole catfish in the side of the head with it.

Steve

If that bad mother doesn't catch a monster nothing will... I'm gonna up-size that and tie some for large mouth this weekend. I too would take a couple broken antennae for a 3lb anything!! you know I wouldn't be surprised in the least to smack a big ole catfish in the side of the head with it.

Its a size 4 TMC 200R hook, Brown fuzzy felt, Lead dumbell eyes and a little green Ice dubbing around eyes if this helps. Cut the felt to whatever shape you like. I guess for a bulkier body you could wrap chenellie around hook and then put felt over it?

Frank

Frank,

Try this for an experiment....fish the pattern as is, then split the tail with a pair of scissors and fish it....would make a killer craw hybrid fly. Splitting the the tail may enpart movement, like the swimming motion of a hellgrammite, but it may also give a pincher like look...just an idea.....post some pics of your results! Should be a good fly, my man. Has some good hallmarks for a branze buster.

Can I ask that you put it in the patterns database so I have a reference to go back on long after I have given them all away or broke hem off in trees???? I have a tendency to tie something I really like and not keep one extra around for visual reference later on when I am trying to reproduce it... and most of the time I lost my last one in the rocks or stumps a couple months ago so I can't remember how to tie it!!

Steve

Looks like just the sort of creepy critter a smallmouth would love....great bug. I also would like to see it in the DB.