Fly Tying
BigDaddyHub

Appalachian Waters Swap

i have, again , pmed smalliehunter about this swap ,in the hope of some form of closure .

i have requested that the sm be put on the banned list till the swap is resolved, or a reasonable explaniton is given.

Guys I was told about the issue here by a swap member a few days ago. We are looking into it and trying to contact Chris (BDH).

Trust me when I say we are doing our best to find out some info for everyone and get this swap finished for you all. We will update ASAP when we hear anything from the SM.

Steve

Gentlemen.....I have dropped the ball big time on this one!!! My sincerest apologies. I have just been buried in my new position and with other duites after being appointed to a regional gang/threat group task force. To say Ihave been overwhelmed is the understatement of the year. However, I make no other excuses. I just didn't get my "poop in a group" I have been working on tying a full set of "I'm sorry about that" flies. Hopefully I will have the sets complte by Thursday night and ready to hit the mail. Hopefully you guys will be content with the assortments I will be sending and eventually forgive my gross tardiness on this one! I hope you guys go a little popper fishing.....

Its all good BDH. Poop happens and as long as I've been a member you've been a straight shooter and a stand up guy. It'll all work out in the end, and if fly fishing and tying has taught me anything, its patience, Rock on with your bad self and go bust some meth head ass!

Happy to report that flies were dropped in the mail at 0730 this morning. Some of you may have them as early as Monday. I tied up things to hopefully "square" us on my inattention. I think most of you will be happy with the assortment. None of them are particularily handsome, but they do catch fish (most of the time, anyway). Thanks guys!

Hey BDH;

Welcome back.

Good to hear from you and learn you're back with the living. We were getting concerned about you. Gettin' stomped by some "bottom feeders" is a tough way to try to make a living. It can be pretty disruptive to the whole household and worse yet, upset Mama.

And when, "Mama ain't happy............" well, I'm not even going to say it.

But we're all glad you're back with the living and on board. We live in troubled times, for sure. I'd like to think if I got jammed up in a swap or some other non-life threatening committment and had problems that everyone would extend a helping hand.

I look forward to seeing whatever bugs come this way. Like I've said before, I learn something from every body else's fly I get the opportunity to study.

Good to hear from you.

Aha! Flies arrived today. Sweet! You know, I've said it before and I'll say it again; I learn something from every fly you folks all contribute. So "Thanks" everyone for participating. I enjoy studying these (and catching some fish, too)!

And thanks BDH for hosting. Glad to see you back and look forward to many more swaps with you.

Heal up well, buddy. :headbang:

Bum2 is probably still upset, with every right to be, but I hope this squares most of us. I suck at painting, but these were some of my favorite poppers. The dries are patterns that have been very productive for the gills and trout alike this year, but my Catskill skills suck as well....just dope the crap outta 'em and they'll float!!

Bum2 is probably still upset, with every right to be, but I hope this squares most of us. I suck at painting, but these were some of my favorite poppers. The dries are patterns that have been very productive for the gills and trout alike this year, but my Catskill skills suck as well....just dope the crap outta 'em and they'll float!!

The swap flies came yesterday

Bdh, yes , your right , i am still a bit upset, but getting the swap completed, has done a lot to calm me down. I want to thank the the other tyers, for the fine job that they did on the flies, and Bdh, the job you did on the flies you sent me was great. you really didnt need to send all the extras you did, , and i do thank you for doing it, they will come in handy .

No big deal....everyone got a nice cache of extras. Glad we smoothed it out...a few little wrinkles is far better than a huge crease. You have every right to be upset. Hopefully a nice, summertime PA bronze back on one of those poppers will put me back into your graces!