Fly Tying
Kingfisher

Hair-wing Streamer Swap

Do believe he was moving. So may be "inbetween" moves. Know him from another board, so is a dependable guy. May have thought he sent them.

Chris & Swappers,

Still no flies.

Chris, I know you movin (well, I think your movin)---you did ship me the flies--Right ?

Not angry--just concerned. The Post Office probably dropped the ball. dunno.gif

Anybody else not receive their flies ? ?

tidbit

I bet in the end it'll be a "I forgot, I'm bad" response. He probably thought he mailed before he started the move, and probably sitting in a box. He's always been on the "up and up" with me. So don't think he skipped town guys.

not here yet either, Northern California. I thought someone posted earlier that they had recieved theirs, just before Christmas I think.

I also think Kingfisher has gotten tied up with his move or other? He also has some feather wing streamer flies out that were due December 3rd (I'm in this swap). Last we heard he was waiting on a set to come in.

I also have a check out for two of the books he had for sale and he still has not cached the check. This makes me think that he is busy or other wise occupied...

I have ordered books from him in the past and he has been very prompt with the shipment.

I'm sure he will come through in the end, and I hope all is well with him and his family.

Tom

Hey group,

tidbit here.

I do believe we have been had! ! ! ive_been_ripped.gif

If I am wrong then I am SORRY. Really.

ANYBODY receive flies ? ? ? dunno.gif

Hope he comes through--this looks bad.

tidbit

I want to step in here and say that I have been a little worried about this swap.

But I am not ready to say it's in default because we have few members and moderators who are vouching For Kingfisher credibility.

From my understanding he was in the process of moving, I am hoping once he gets settled in he will realize he hasn't sent the flies and he will get them out to the swappers.

But for now I will withhold judgment dunno.gif

OSD.

Hello all,

First, please allow me to apologize for not visiting and addressing these issues earlier; my professional and personal schedules have been so busy the past two months that I haven’t checked any messages coming from the forum nor have I had the time to visit it. I wasn’t aware that any issues with packages not arriving existed; all flies and books were sent out end of November/beginning of December, as they were supposed to. I received an e-mail from DFix Friday asking me what had happened, and I was surprised to discover (yet again) that our local post office appears to have misplaced multiple packages. We are still, in fact, going through the motions of locating a lost package from October that was worth quite a lot of money. I don’t know what else to say except that I’m sorry for this terrible inconvenience. I am going to the post office today to speak with the supervisor regarding this matter.

In the meantime, I have not deposited any payments from the books, since I haven’t had the time to even stop by the bank. I will return all payments to the people that were interested in books; if the books somehow show up, please be good enough to let me know and we can either arrange payment then or you can return it (them), it’s up to you.

Flies from swaps, I can’t replace. The only thing I can do is offer to replace postage; I am sorry about this. If anyone would care to contact me and suggest a better alternative, then by all means please do so.

Again, my deepest apologies for this mess; I have learned that our local postal service cannot be trusted with any packages whatsoever, and I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Chris

did anyone recieve flies??????? How did they all go missing and why/how would the post office take 9 different packages, to nine different places, addressed by 9 different people, with postage prepaid? The postage is insignificant compaired to the time, effort, and cost to tie the flies. I'm glad I ommitted the jungle cock cheeks.

This was my first swap and likely my last.

Listen, it wasn't just 9 packages, it was more like 16, and I lost a lot of money on them, so I'm looking into this. When I have news, I will update. I understand your frustration, and all I can say is that I wouldn't give up hope yet; there's still some chance that I can re-locate everything.

I also, find it hard to believe that all the pre- addressed packages weren't sent to some of the tyers. I still haven't received my flies.

This is the second time that I have been in a swap and didn't receive my flies, in return. The first swap was in a different site. My other swaps, on this site, have been handled without any problems.

Hopefully everything works out.

Pat Carroll