Fly Tying
Rocky Maley

Winters hope

If I may comment without offending; the collar Hackle is too long. It will lay along the entire length of the body and when down current and mask the flash. You are also missing the purple Hackle in front of the blue and the golden olive calf/kip tail on top, all that is called for in the standard dressing.

If I may comment without offending; the collar Hackle is too long. It will lay along the entire length of the body and when down current and mask the flash. You are also missing the purple Hackle in front of the blue and the golden olive calf/kip tail on top, all that is called for in the standard dressing.

It dose have the purple over the blue and in all the patterns i have found in my books the hair wing version calls for the olive hair but dosen't show it in the feather wing. as far as hackle lenth is concern this 1 thought it was ok

Rocky

post-22268-1291177325_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work Rocky. Not traditional as I think fishes-with-fly was referring to, but a great take as usual. Nice body work. That embossed stuff can be a pain.

hey Rockie, where are you from?

John Day Oregon

Here is a hair wing version tied with a wool fron New Zealand that is close to mohair. I have it avalable in my shop

Rocky

post-22268-1291432340_thumb.jpg