Fly Tying
patrick carroll

Any interest in a gurgler swap?

Alrighty - my first year tying thanks to smokinprice who has also gotten me onto this site and in addition turned me onto this swap; which by the way will also be my first. Learned to tie gurlers early on and enjoy tying them not to mention their easy to get creative with. So, I'm game but new to the whole thing so....count me in but make sure you give me directions; got the whole tie up the designated gurgler numbers and send them to the host, what else so I need?

Thanks, Greg

welcome aboard , hufflehill.

first of all, you said the right things, you are a "gurgler tyer.", and like to be creative!!

in some previous posts, I have listed the requirements, you will need to check them out, then get back with any questions you might have. So far, you will need to tie up 15 gurglers, any size hook is okay, any color combinations is fine with me, personally I will have a lot of color combinations, a self addressed envelope will need to be sent along with the flies, be sure to have each fly tagged with your name, keep the tags small, and I will need the flies by february 15, 2011, so there is some time to get prepared. when ready , let me know and I will get you my address. don't hesitate to ask anyquestions. the "gurgler tyers' appear to be gearing up for some fun.

southern california is getting hit hard with rain, wind and local mountains are expecting snow, so winter is settling in, the latest forecast is calling for the heaviest rain in years, so things could get ansty. I had an adventure driving home this afternoon, so you guys in the east, ain't the only area with weather related issues. lets hang in there and do some serious, creative

tying.

have a good one

pat carroll

welcome aboard , hufflehill.

first of all, you said the right things, you are a "gurgler tyer.", and like to be creative!!

in some previous posts, I have listed the requirements, you will need to check them out, then get back with any questions you might have. So far, you will need to tie up 15 gurglers, any size hook is okay, any color combinations is fine with me, personally I will have a lot of color combinations, a self addressed envelope will need to be sent along with the flies, be sure to have each fly tagged with your name, keep the tags small, and I will need the flies by february 15, 2011, so there is some time to get prepared. when ready , let me know and I will get you my address. don't hesitate to ask anyquestions. the "gurgler tyers' appear to be gearing up for some fun.

southern california is getting hit hard with rain, wind and local mountains are expecting snow, so winter is settling in, the latest forecast is calling for the heaviest rain in years, so things could get ansty. I had an adventure driving home this afternoon, so you guys in the east, ain't the only area with weather related issues. lets hang in there and do some serious, creative

tying.

have a good one

pat carroll

Pat,

Where in CA are you? I just flew in to Los Angeles yesterday. Forgot the flies on my desk at home. I'll mail them when I get home.

Mike

several have suggested Altoids tins....And I'm eating them like candy now to get a few for swaps I'm in. My wife bought Q-tips in a travel pack that worked fine for sending flies.

for toe tags I made list with note pad,

Gurgler by Yetavon Gurgler by Yetavon Gurgler by Yetavon Gurgler by Yetavon

then print, cut the strips ,fold in half and hook them on the fly.

Darrin

Aren't Altoids candy?

Mike

I am in-been wanting to do a swap on here for a bit. it is a good thing that I have timne to get them done as my hnads are still buggered but can tie, just slowly.

marc

Aren't Altoids candy?

Mike

I thought they were a breath mint.....the Peppermint is quite hot and sharp.

got a tin of Ginger I'm looking forward to opening...

Darrin

8 down, 7 to go. Ran out of hooks. Good thing I am going home for Christmas. The Charleston Angler has got the hooks I've been really liking to tie with these days for good prices. Will pick up more.

the gurgler swap keeps moving along. welcome aboard flyderaght. tying gurlers may be the

therapy you need for your hand.

1.pat carroll - california

2. mr.vegas - nevada

3. foambug - colorado

4. The Yman - tennessee

5. o2fsh - connecticut

6. c. teeter - missouri

7. yetavon - north carolina

8. kayaker stan - new york

9. jack tjl - pennsylvania

10. smokinprince - maryland

11. hufflehill - maryland

12. flyderaght - ontario

have a good one

pat carroll

OK....OK.... I'm in ...... <like ya had to twist my arm !>

Due date in Feb ..... No problem........

Gurglers are one of my favorites.... have had some fantastic days fishin one fly til theres almost nothing left of it.... good thing foams durable enough to withstand some viscious bucket mouth strikes !!

The ' gurgler swap" is moving right along, we now have 13 tyers. There is room for 3 more tyers.

You people on the east coast must be holding your breath with this new storm. The rain has finally eased up , here in california. mother nature is flexing her muscles!!!

1.pat carroll - california

2. mr.vegas - nevada

3. foambug - colorado

4. The Yman - tennessee

5. o2fsh - connecticut

6. c. teeter - missouri

7. yetavon - north carolina

8. kayaker stan - new york

9. jack tjl - pennsylvania

10. smokinprince - maryland

11. hufflehill - maryland

12. flyderaght - ontario

13. fish-skeez - pennsylvania

have a good one

pat carroll

The ' gurgler swap" is moving right along, we now have 13 tyers. There is room for 3 more tyers.

You people on the east coast must be holding your breath with this new storm. The rain has finally eased up , here in california. mother nature is flexing her muscles!!!

Got up early today to find out 22 inches of snow had fallen but what I found was 3/4ft snow drifts all around my house. Thank god for snow blowers.