Fly Tying
patrick carroll

Any interest in a gurgler swap?

Pat,

Thanks for hosting!!! I thought you'd keep the extras I put in the mix.

Nice tying everyone. Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can stick these gurglers in a fish, or six.

Mike

I thought you guys would like the gurglers. thanks for the comments and your participation is this swap. Surprised the packages landed at your doorsteps, so soon.

It seems as though there are a few woodworkers among the 'gurgler tyers". A few years ago , I read an article about a wooodworker making replicas of flies, out of wood

with some illustrations. Of course, I accepted the challenge, and made a couple using my scroll saw. My first fly was the royal coachman, it was approx. 13 inches long, and didn't come out too bad. The suggested wood was alder, the bend of the hook was a challenge, but I felt pretty good with the results. Now wouldn't that be a swap!!!

enjoy the gurglers, and have a good one

pat carroll

I thought you guys would like the gurglers. thanks for the comments and your participation is this swap. Surprised the packages landed at your doorsteps, so soon.

It seems as though there are a few woodworkers among the 'gurgler tyers". A few years ago , I read an article about a wooodworker making replicas of flies, out of wood

with some illustrations. Of course, I accepted the challenge, and made a couple using my scroll saw. My first fly was the royal coachman, it was approx. 13 inches long, and didn't come out too bad. The suggested wood was alder, the bend of the hook was a challenge, but I felt pretty good with the results. Now wouldn't that be a swap!!!

enjoy the gurglers, and have a good one

pat carroll

do you have any pics of the fly you have me intrigued with the idea

I recieved a nice set of guglers today good job guy's, Pat thanks for hosting

now lets see some pics of that royal coachman! that had to be quite a challenge

A Box of great Gurglers made it to NC ...some great work and they will be put to use soon.

Thanks again to Pat for Hosting

Darrin

1st time at the computer this week. Got my box Monday - fast from coast to coast; thanks!

Interesting variations of gurlgers, got some new takes I'm going to try my hand at tying.

Very pleased for my first swap.

Greg

Mine should be here soon as long as canada customs doesn't decide to help themselves...LOL. Pat was there enough money in there for you? was not sure of your rates, if it was more than what I enclosed, plse let me know.

Marc

marc

there was enough money for the postage. I am holding the balance in case the package lands at my doorsteps. once you receive the gurglers, the money will be sent your way. Seems as though, the gurglers have landed in the U.S.A., now let's have a quick trip to your neck of the woods.

I want to thank all of you for being in this swap, the extra flies were most appreciated. you "gurgler tyers " came thru like champs, outstanding swap. The gills and bass ain't got a chance.

have a good one

pat carroll

Hi Pat-got the flies and very impressed. will need to copy some I think. Pat, keep the change. canada post is something else. what I sent you actually cost close to 7$ cdn. me thinks the u.s. postal service will go the same way to increase revenues.

I particularily like the frog one and the one that rides hook up.

coming from the west coast gurglers were not on the radar screen. the more I look at these I wonder how well a larger version tied on a saltwater hook and cast to feeding coho when feasting in a bait ball.....

Marc

hi marc

I was surprised you got the gurglers this soon, had my doubts. well, it seems you might be doing some experimenting, there are definitely some awesome gurlers to check out.

I would guess this should be wrapping this swap up. hope it met all your expectations.

I have gurglers jumping all over the fly tying room, they are begging to be unleashed and go on pursuit of some gills and bass!!! are those fishies in for some nasty times, oh well, such is life in the " fast gurgler lanes."

have a good one

pat carroll