Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

My fun with foam

I have been playing a lot with foam over the last couple weeks and love the material!! Here are some stuff I did today. Also I am taking my knowhow in composites and making a foam that sinks so I can make some undersurface patterns with foam. I promise this is my last foam post for a little

This is my easy hopper

n28j8sdfnd28jj292f39nr8243.jpg

nse2s3jeu2j9n289efjsf2fe2n.jpg

Here is a all black body stone with a natural and orange wing

n89fd298e9f22nur2882nff9n2.jpg

yellow and orange hopper

ssk8dfsfnjselff2sf3njn8fr3.jpg

Orange butt hopper - single cheek :)

ff24jn4k2jn83e2jdenujjesn9.jpg

Orange butt hopper - double cheek :)

82294fsef2fnsu88nffn2n8n22.jpg

A picture to show the extended body before the real tying

ejk8fjn3kef4es3e9dnfefj942.jpg

And since I tied so many these are going to cast to recovery which I suggest anyone that loves to tie to share the wealth in flies! Here is the info

Casting for Recovery

PO Box 1123

Manchester VT 05254 (if coming by postal service)

Casting For Recovery

3738 Main Street

Manchester VT 05254 (if coming via UPS or other carrier)

2fnfu3ns9lnsfll2jn8jfnjs3s.jpg

2fnfu3ns9lnsfll2jn8jfnjs3s.jpg

Looks good.

I will be in Vegas at the end of March. Please drop these off at the Monte Carlo Attn: Gaffer. :)

Andrew

Very cool!

Love to hear you're giving some stuff away for a great cause. I'm working on getting some zebra midges and parachutes to Project Healing Waters in their CA location. I tie but hardly fish flies (too many bass tournaments) so need to give them away to people who could REALLY use them!

Great work!

Todd

awesome fly's man there all cool but i like the black body stone the best :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

never used foam how do they fish do they just float or get filled with water then just sink let me know im interested these are some cool fly's

Very cool!

Love to hear you're giving some stuff away for a great cause. I'm working on getting some zebra midges and parachutes to Project Healing Waters in their CA location. I tie but hardly fish flies (too many bass tournaments) so need to give them away to people who could REALLY use them!

Great work!

Todd

very cool place to donate to wondering if your in California if you could help me out and give me the info where you are going to be sending your stuff i have some fly line and leaders and some equipment i would love to donate thanks Samuraiti. :help:

Great stuff Vegas. I wouldn't worry if you like the foam keep posting them. I love to see your ingenutiy so keep um coming.

Thanks everyone! I just like to post pics so.... I guess everyone will have to deal with it lol

I've been experimenting with 1mm foam for Caddis dry fly bodies and not using hackle. It set in the water much like a parachute dry fly

Hey Redneck, yup, I'm in the Tracy, CA area about 7 minutes away from the closest launch on the Delta! :)

Here's the address I'm sending to -

Carole Katz

1801 Bridle Path Way

Santa Ana, CA 92705.

www:projecthealingwaters.org

This is her profile:

National Trustee

Southwest Regional Coordinator

Program Lead, PHWFF @ Long Beach VAMC

Hey Redneck, yup, I'm in the Tracy, CA area about 7 minutes away from the closest launch on the Delta! :)

Here's the address I'm sending to -

Carole Katz

1801 Bridle Path Way

Santa Ana, CA 92705.

www:projecthealingwaters.org

This is her profile:

National Trustee

Southwest Regional Coordinator

Program Lead, PHWFF @ Long Beach VAMC

I used to live in Tracy great town. I loved it there I worked at LLNL so I had a nice commute over Patterson Pass. I am now in Nebraska and Omaha kind of reminds me of a bigger Tracy.

Bryan - very cool. Only issue I have with Nebraska is it gets COLD!!! My brother went to school there and I visited once...it was 9 degrees with a 15-20 mph wind walking to his grad cermony...brrrrrrrr. Not used to that! :lol:

Todd

Yeah coming from Cali (we moved from Patterson) to here it has been a shock. From what I hear last year was such a bad winter that if I would have came then we may have moved back. This year has been pretty mild in comparison. Only getting below 0 a few time and most the time were in the 30's and even the 40's. I do miss walking out my door to see my horses. We moved from a 20 acre ranch to this house in town. However we rented the ranch and we own this house so it was a good switch.