Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ctious

someone please help me... i have a problem.....

ok so my hand has finally healed... here is the problem... i dont know if it is from the lack of tying while it was healing but i cant stop tying flies.... i mean i will stay up till 3 or 4 am tying when i have to be up for work at 7... i think i have a problem...... but on the lighter note... man have i made a ton of deer hair divers.. i made about 16 mega ones all around 9in in different colors for pike and musky.... and a bunch in the 4 to 5 inch range. for bass... and some little 2.5 to 3in ones for whatever..lol...

my next problem seems to be i am running out of spinning hair... i have bought out every place in town... lol... also i need to stop so my thumb will heal... i have pulled the skin from the nail from pushing the hair back to pack it....

anyone have any words of help???? btw i am getting married on the 18th of june... maybe its how i am dealing with the wedding stress....lol

oh wait... i think i should be posting pics shouldn't I?? let me lay some flies out and snap a few pics and post...

wow...maybe you should supply me with free bass flies! lol JK! I don't know what to tell you. :(

First you need to register with TA. That's tiers anonymous. Until you complete their 12 step program you can try the following to cut down on your obsessive tying. First you will need a bottle of your favoite libation. Pour yourself a couple of fingers. Then start a new fly, and as you fininsh, the pattern, finish the glass. Repeat until you can't tie any more.

Of course by the time you cure yourself of one problem, you may just have another one.

wow...maybe you should supply me with free bass flies! lol JK! I don't know what to tell you. :(

well i may have too... i went and bought another box today and its full.... its not a fly box its a lure box that is 9 by 15in or so... i need to get more boxes... or maybe just start selling them...

First you need to register with TA. That's tiers anonymous. Until you complete their 12 step program you can try the following to cut down on your obsessive tying. First you will need a bottle of your favoite libation. Pour yourself a couple of fingers. Then start a new fly, and as you fininsh, the pattern, finish the glass. Repeat until you can't tie any more.

Of course by the time you cure yourself of one problem, you may just have another one.

well i dont drink....soo... i will try it with milk.... it may be awhile...lol

Well there's you problem :lol: :lol:

oh the things i must do in the name of fishing..lol

Well there's you problem :lol: :lol:

Admitting that you have a problem is the first steip.

flies.jpg

box of musky and pike stuff all tied in the past 2 days..

fly.jpg

the fly i was tying that kept me from posting pics sooner...lol

not sure y they came out so small..

I have extra fly boxes, if you want, I'll send them to you.... you can fill them up then send them back! I'll promptly dispose of the evidence by selling the boxes as a fund raiser for Casting for Recovery-Missouri!! Win--Win!

FliTrap

Good Day,

If I may make a suggestion with regard to your needing more hair... go here:

http://whitetailflytieing.com/

He will hand pick exactly what you need. He is quite possibly one of the best minds on deer hair as well as supplier in the US, or anywhere for that matter. Not to mention he one damn good fly tyer too!

Steelie

I'll second Steelie's suggestion. Chris is the man when it comes to deer hair, and a heck of a nice guy to boot. Call him and he will be glad to talk to you about selecting deer hair. If you ever get a chance to see him tie at a show, do it.