Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Dubbing Swap Invitational

boynabubble has chosen and sent out the invite.

Almost there people.

My first invite isn't able to join us for this swap. I've sent out another and hopefully will have better results.

I've been "off the grid" for a bit, celebrating the birth of our first granddaughter. Woohoo! :D

And what do I see when I return home... some dubbing that looks great! I'll be getting to work on some ideas and patterns straight away. This is gonna be fun!

John

Horseshoes...Dubbing has arrived!! B) I'll be tying up a Quinsum River Bird's Nest.

Thanks for hosting.

Thom

You see my first post..I went to edit it and this %$%^ happens. I going back out to the fire and when I check tommorrow this is going to be fixed. The gremlin did it, it can fix it.

You see my first post..I went to edit it and this %$%^ happens. I going back out to the fire and when I check tommorrow this is going to be fixed. The gremlin did it, it can fix it.

Thought maybe you were learning to write code :lol:

New invite sent out for last spot today.

After all spots are filled and dubbing sent and recieved, the deadline will have a final listing. It will be determined by how long it takes to travel from the farthest post. We want this to be reasonable. You can send them early if flies are finished.

I'll let you know when the last spot is filled.

My pack of dubbing has come but I haven't decided on a pattern yet. I have a book of patterns I want to look through, but haven't found the time to do it yet.

BB

Welcome Li'lDave!!!

OK we are full. I will give a yell with the due date later. Let me know when you receive your dubbing. Remember you do not have to choose your fly till you receive your dubbing.

Cheers and welcome all. This should be totally fun and new.

cancan.gifcancan.gif

Welcome Li'lDave!!!

OK we are full. I will give a yell with the due date later. Let me know when you receive your dubbing. Remember you do not have to choose your fly till you receive your dubbing.

Cheers and welcome all. This should be totally fun and new.

cancan.gifcancan.gif

Thanks for having me... should be heaps of fun... Will let you know what I decide on when I get the dubbing... hmmm.. decisions decisions?

I've been looking at the dubbing that was sent to me, Nickel Mix - Olive, and trying to decide what to do with it. So far, I've come up with two thoughts. First, I'm a warmwater fisherman, fishing lakes and ponds exclusively, and that influences the patterns I tie. Secondly, this is a nice bit of dubbing and I want to showcase it as much as possible. So, I'm thinking about either a damsel fly variation of the Swamp Monster, or some other damsel pattern. I would use one, or at the most, two strands of pearl Krystal Flash as ribbing or a fine wire ribbing rather than the chartreuse Uni-Stretch I would normally use, or some variation on this type of pattern, such as a DT Damsel. Or my SECOND thought was to tie a Soft Hackle pattern. Something like an Olive and Pheasant or India Hen, or whatever. I could even do an Olive dubbed body and a Black Lace Chartreuse. So, how about if you guys help me make up my mind. Would you like a Damsel pattern or a soft hackle?

Thanks

BB

....So, how about if you guys help me make up my mind. Would you like a Damsel pattern or a soft hackle?

My 2 cents.. I like the idea of a damsel fly pattern mate

damsel is good for my area.

LilDave your dubbing was mailed today. Give a yell when it arrives so it gives me a clue of the time factor.