Fly Tying
KSFisher

Streamer fishing question

I hate to be a prig but did u eat that fish Laxi or just feed your ego with the photo?

That was absolutely uncalled for. No need to insult someone for no reason, you know we do not allow that type of stuff around here.

Back on topic!

Steve and all the nice police. I have a problem when people have the need to drag a fish and lay it on rocks (partially submerged or not) just to get a picture. You want to kill the fish, then kill it. I don't have a problem with that. And as far as being reprimanded Steve I'll remain "nice" and just leave my response to your imagination.

I don't see an insult as I called myself the prig and only asked a decidedly sarcastic question. The hell with the first amendment as long as we are all polite. Ask around I don't think I've ever been known as a particularly mean fellow despite a tendency to break them on occasion.

Bob

Bob I am not the "nice police" but as Will's Co-Admin of the site it IS my job to make sure people are not being insultive to each other for no good reason. If you have a problem with his fish handling or perhaps want to be the "fish police"(to use your terminology).. then a PM to Laxi to discuss it one on one would do better than a somewhat snide remark on the public forums.

And far as being "reprimanded"....you made an uncalled for passive aggressive remark to someone, I reminded you we do not allow that around here, if you have a problem with that then take it up with Will because he will tell you the exact same thing I just did.

Dragged all over the rocks...seriously??? It's not like the fish was all battered and torn apart from being dragged a mile to take a picture. I have a lot of pictures like that myself, just because I appreciate the beauty of the fish and I'd like to see it again...and I've never killed or even harmed a fish by laying it on the streambed to get a picture.

I've only been on the forum for a few days...what a great impression of how to talk to other fly fishermen...

Nice pic Laxi...good looking fish!!!

woolly buggers are a great fly either swung or dead drifted.

you should add a marabou muddler or zoo cougar to your streamer flies.

these are good baitfish streamers with lots of action that strip well.

to answer your question i fish across & down searching for fish around structure.

Hey Laxi

I for one would love to see more fish photos like the one in your signature! Not straying from the topic, was it caught on a streamer?