Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

First fish is a little Small Mouth from two evenings ago, I went fishing with the goal of catching one fish. I was gone for 13 minutes including the walk to the river.

This afternoon I caught a good size small mouth bass and another good size brook trout like the one from the other day. I thought at first it may have been the same one but this one was a tad larger I think. Don't know for sure. Despite catching a few fish in about two hours of fishing I actually had a kinda unlucky day. I hooked and lost four fish today and two of them were quite good size two were small Bass. One was a rainbow that I doubt was less than 18 inches. It made a spectacular leap right after the hook set and ran up then down river real quick when I tried to turn it around before it swam into some really fast current I pulled the hook out.

post-52247-0-25477400-1431551934_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-09729600-1431551956_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-85570400-1431551974_thumb.jpg

Little guy at local pond, caught few this size and few blue gills. Buddy was trying figure out how I was out fishing him. Ended up handing him the fly rod, looks like we got another one crossing over dark side.lol

First pic post let's see if I did this right!

post-56026-0-01255400-1431898451_thumb.jpg

Little guy at local pond, caught few this size and few blue gills. Buddy was trying figure out how I was out fishing him. Ended up handing him the fly rod, looks like we got another one crossing over dark side.lol

First pic post let's see if I did this right!

Every once in a while the DNR stocks local ponds with trout. It's nice not having to drive 6 hours to the nearest trout stream. This year, the lake was loaded with stocked golden trout. Not true goldies, but I think most of you get it.

They stick out like a sore thumb and will take just about any fly you put near their face.

post-55511-0-32330000-1431916156_thumb.jpg

Morrowboarder, very nice looking fish. I have been wanting to get out on the water to get a few of these myself. I keep getting post from local DNR showing all these gold trout. I remember fishing for these in Germany and just like you said, they stand out like a sore thumb.

Pick for kicks, non relatedpost-56026-0-44041900-1431917205_thumb.jpg!

Every once in a while the DNR stocks local ponds with trout. It's nice not having to drive 6 hours to the nearest trout stream. This year, the lake was loaded with stocked golden trout. Not true goldies, but I think most of you get it.

They stick out like a sore thumb and will take just about any fly you put near their face.

That's an albino, or just white, rainbow right? Isn't a palamino then and not a golden, to keep from confusing with the actual golden species?

I didn't get any "real" fishing done in Spain. I did do a little illicit fishing at a small bridge in Villamartin.

Here's the video of the two little fish I caught.

6 hours to the closest trout stream? That's a long drive Morrowboarder! I've always thought, if you can't live where you want to fish? Then you have to learn to fish where you live!

6 hours to the closest trout stream? That's a long drive Morrowboarder! I've always thought, if you can't live where you want to fish? Then you have to learn to fish where you live!

I only make that drive once or twice a year. I know the lakes and rivers too well on over half of Illinois, but that doesn't say much.