Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Opinions on these???

Just messing around with a couple patterns and tied these two,the first one is based off a pattern i was looking at but I changed up the materials just a bit . The second one is just something that i was playin around with and didnt really base it on anything so i'm not sure if it resembels a know streamer or not to be honest, i just thought the materials looked good together.

What do you guys think about these dunno.gif ...... thumbsup.gif or thumbdown.gif

be honest..

user posted image

user posted image

thumbup.gif

I like both of them. The purple streamer has a great colorscheme and style. The brown one looks like a little fish. Both flies are nicely tied, put em in a frame and make someone happy for christmas wink.gif

Here he finally ties a decent fly and Smallie promptly reduces it to a Bass Lure...LOL

Nice work Steve. Now tell me what's your parrot looks like. laugh.gif

I'll tell ya, catch one bass... bs.gif

Thanks guys

Will i got your bass fly right here buddy shit.gif

aovesen the purple fly i based roughly on a fly called a Guinea devil only I changed the color and used different materials for the throat along with adding some french oval next to the flat tinsel.

The other fly (brown with peacock) i was going for a little brown trout look since there are alot of 5" browns that get stocked on one river i fish and i know the big 20+inch browns that live in that river have got to feed on those little planters when their stocked so i'm tryin to come up with something that might fool one next spring biggrin.gif

SD

Nice! headbang.gif The colors and overall design are great. Purple wooly buggers are good trout flies here. Your fly would be quite successful. What's your imagination cooking up next?????

Come on Steve. You tied those??? Nahhhhhhh. wink.gif

They look excellent. I'd fish those anytime. Awesome work.

I completely agree with Steelheader 69... "They look excellent. I'd fish those anytime. Awesome work. " What more can I say? except, perhaps, when do we get our free samples?

QUOTE (Steelheader69 @ Dec 6 2004, 01:28 PM)
Come on Steve.  You tied those???  Nahhhhhhh.  wink.gif

They look excellent.  I'd fish those anytime.  Awesome work.

see...you guys thougt i didnt pay attention to the advise on this site didnt ya wink.gif

Skeet3 I'm working on something to hopefully take to erie on the trip next month that will fool a steelie into thinking is a minnow since alot of guys use small minnows on them over there. When i get it done i'll post a pic.

Thanks again guys

SD