Fly Tying
rockworm

Second Annual Evolution Swap

Great photos, looking forward to displaying them next to last years set. B)

Aw, Come on- isn't anybody gonna fish these wonderful flies? Thanks Bob, but the photos don't do justice to these fine flies. Thank you for your participation in both Evolution Swaps.

I fished one of my practice bugs yesterday. The wings did not fare well after the first bluegill. They really look awful after the third...

If you're going to get it wet, I'd suggest treating the body heavily...and don't expect it to look like new when you're done!

I fished one of my practice bugs yesterday. The wings did not fare well after the first bluegill. They really look awful after the third...

If you're going to get it wet, I'd suggest treating the body heavily...and don't expect it to look like new when you're done!

Fished wet it should make a fine spinner or drowned adult. They don't exactly look neat either after the water gets to them.

Great photos, looking forward to displaying them next to last years set. B)

Aw, Come on- isn't anybody gonna fish these wonderful flies? Thanks Bob, but the photos don't do justice to these fine flies. Thank you for your participation in both Evolution Swaps.

The great thing about this swap is not only to you get a set if flies from all over, but also you get the patterns so you can tie your own set for fishing. I copy the patterns into my pattern book as soon as they are posted, then I get the fly to compare with the directions. pretty good deal if you ask me B)

Yup. I've been cutting and pasting the pattern recipes and photos also. I too will be tying up more of these flies for fishing.

BTW- All the Evo Sets made it to the post office Monday. Please let me know when you receive yours.

WOW very impressive.......... everything ,the flies and total presentation.. really first rate. Thanks Rock Worm.

YES got the box today and I live on the end of the road to nowhere.

Got a very fine set of flies. Pretty hard to believe it all started with a purple soft hackle... Nice ties everyone. Rockworm thanks for hosting an awesome swap again. Already looking forward to next year wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

C

Thanks for the updates! They are very fine flies, aren't they?

My respect for the US Postal Service continues to grow. (I think I should have mailed all the packages from Indy!)

My package arrived yesterday. Thanks all for some great looking flys, and Rockworm the presentation was beautiful! This swap was great fun! The box will hang above my tying desk for inspiration.

Mike.

I got mine! Great set again - keep me in mind for the next one.

Thank you.

Thanks for the updates Mike, Jim and GP. That accounts for all the US tyers. Now let's see how long it takes Canada Post (which cost 6 or 7 times the US rate) to handle its mail.

Well, not too bad I guess. Got mine all the way out here on the west coast. These are beautifully tied and wonderfully presented. Thanks rockworm for all the work and dedication.

Well, not too bad I guess. Got mine all the way out hee on the west coast. These a beautifully tied and wonderfully presented. Thanks rockworm for all the work and dedication.

Wonderful! Now we're just waiting to hear from Horseshoes on the east coast and Sjo in Holland.