Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For February

The pattern for February is a beadhead bluegill pattern. I have found that 'gills love beadheads. The bead not only attracts their attention, but gets the fly down on the bottom where they often are looking for a snack. Guys, please do your best to get your flies in on time, but if you see that you are going to be late, please let me know.

Due date is Feb 29, 2012.

Take care

BB

1. Breambuster - SM - Double Bead Peacock Herl Nymph

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Red Fox Squirrel Nymph - Received

3. Famil00 - Green Weenie - Received

4. Bluegill576 - Received

5. Fly Willy- Epoxy Boatman - In The Mail

6. Eastern Fly - In The Mail

7. Lukemccoy - In The Mail

8. Dreamcaster4639 - Beahdhead Pheasant Tail - Received

9. Andydoc - Received

10. FrequentTyer - Beadhead Royal Prince - Received

11. Fshrmanms - Peacock Sword Nymph - Received.

12.Foambug- Received

This is the fly that I sent in for February.

A version of the Green Weenie, taken by gills as a waxworm, I assume. Whatever they think it is, it works!

Size 10 - 14 1XL nymph hook

Chartreuse Chenille

Bead to fit hook

GreenWeenie.jpg

-Forrest

I need to come up with a name for it, but I'm tying a beadhead hybrid of the prince nymph and royal coachman. These two were my goto bluegill flys back when I first started tying. I'll go with beadhead royal prince as a working title.

Guys, I've been out of town for a few days attending some very heavy meetings, but I'm back now and wanted those who have posted to the thread thus far. First, I've changed the orginal post to reflect those who have claimed and pattern and to acknowledge the two sets I have received. Both Famill00's "Green Weenies" and Dreamcaster's "Beadhead Pheasant Tail flies are here and they are excellent ties.

I am also glad to hear from several of you that January set has arrived and I'm very pleased that you like what you're getting. And as already been said, by the time we get a whole new set of flies for the next 12 months, we should have an awesome arsenal of 'gill flies.

Take care

BB

Hey Guys, just a short update. I have Foambug's flies for January and will be sending each of you one of those with your February flies. Still nothing from NJ but he still has plenty of time.

Easternfly has agreed to take over for NJ All Day and will be sending in flies for February, so we should have a full compliment of swappers this month. Easternfly is a swapoholic and warmwater fisherman. He does excellent work at the tying bench and you will all enjoy having him in this swap club.

Take care

BB

andydoc here...did receive the flys from last month...nice work everyone!

Phil (my boy) and I will be experimenting and tying up a Bead Head Chief...(hint...I am from the land of Lincoln and graduated from the greatest university in the land)

A sweet set of peacock sword nymphs from Fishermanms arrived a couple of days ago. Very nice. I can see the 'gill population decreasing as a result of these! Thanks for the extras, Mark.

Kevin, check your PM box.

Take care

BB

I am going to hopefully make the deadline this month, but I am a bit behind in getting the flys ready. I just wanted you all to know that I might be a day or 2 late. Sorry for this, but it has been a busier month than I imagined.

Thanks,

Mike.

Hey Guys, and maybe gals....

I apologize but I just got my flies in the mail today. I shipped them air so they should get to SC a bit quicker than last time. I mean really, I should be able to drive them down myself in a day, it would just cost a lot more than $7.50.

That said they are off and might make it by early next week.

Billy

One more set of flies arrived today. We got a very nice set of Red Fox Squirrel Nymphs from RRSS today.

Thanks, Riff, for ALL the extras. I REALLY do appreciate it. :yahoo:

What do you call the one with the VERY large bead?

Take care

BB