Fly Tying

Okay guys here is the straight poop. Albalene is worth every penny !! As a floatant it worked very well and as a line cleaner it is even better.

For Floatant here is what we did. Picked up some little squeeze bottles at Hobby Lobobby ($3 for 3). melted it down in a double boiler using a glass measuring cup and poured it in the bottles. Quick cooled them in the freezer for 10 minutes and put them in our vests. Done deal great floatant in nice little bottles. Oh and we used very little of the main jar.

On the line cleaner check this out !! I have been using Glide for some time and clean my line after every trip. I typically don't get much dirt off the line. I decided to try the Albalene. HOLY Cow did I get some dirt off the line. So it really cleaned the line, but it even left the line very smooth and slippery. On the stream it was a joy to fish with. The casting was very smooth and it floated high.

Paul

Paul, I find Albolene on line as a make-up remover and lubricant(sex lube?), but no listing for Albalene. Where do you get yours? Al Beatty recommended this to me as a floatant a few years ago, but I have never been able to find it...maybe its a US product only.... :( ... :angry:

Murray

Paul, I find Albolene on line as a make-up remover and lubricant(sex lube?), but no listing for Albalene. Where do you get yours? Al Beatty recommended this to me as a floatant a few years ago, but I have never been able to find it...maybe its a US product only.... :( ... :angry:

Murray

Thats the stuff man...it was a misspelling on his part. ALBOLENE, available at Western Drug here.

I find Albolene on line as a make-up remover and lubricant(sex lube?)

Oh great I can see it now....Myself and my fishing buddy on a trip staying at some far off motel along the river and the maid finds "sex lube" in the room :ph34r: :unsure: :lol: "No really, it's for the fly line" :D

Oh great I can see it now....Myself and my fishing buddy on a trip staying at some far off motel along the river and the maid finds "sex lube" in the room :ph34r: :unsure: :lol: "No really, it's for the fly line" :D

Some of it anyway....... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Paddle faster I hear banjo music..... :blink: :blink:

Murray

Thats the stuff man...it was a misspelling on his part. ALBOLENE, available at Western Drug here.

And to think I thought those 3 years of 4th grade were finally paying off !!!

Murray

I should have kept my mouth shut. I have been using it for years and making money...melt it down and put it in squeeze bottles or the like...as was previously mentioned. My buddies have been buying this "secret sauce" for a couple years now and claim it to be the best fly floatant around...there goes my cash cow.

Murray

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay guys here is the straight poop. Albalene is worth every penny !! As a floatant it worked very well and as a line cleaner it is even better.

For Floatant here is what we did. Picked up some little squeeze bottles at Hobby Lobobby ($3 for 3). melted it down in a double boiler using a glass measuring cup and poured it in the bottles. Quick cooled them in the freezer for 10 minutes and put them in our vests. Done deal great floatant in nice little bottles. Oh and we used very little of the main jar.

On the line cleaner check this out !! I have been using Glide for some time and clean my line after every trip. I typically don't get much dirt off the line. I decided to try the Albalene. HOLY Cow did I get some dirt off the line. So it really cleaned the line, but it even left the line very smooth and slippery. On the stream it was a joy to fish with. The casting was very smooth and it floated high.

Paul

On using it as a line cleaner does it or will it dry out the line or do you have to apply a conditioner or something to it afterwards. Anyway Sounds like something I will try just for the floating capabilities

Based on the ingredients I should never dry a line out. Two of the key ingredients are mineral oil and paraffin. Shoot, women put it on their faces to look younger.

Paul

you didn't hear it from me, but there are a few <products> out there which are 100% pure silicone slippery slippery SLIPPERY stuff and are the absolute best line dressings I have ever used. Around $20 for a big bottle which is a lifetime supply... for fly fishing anyway...

Albolene is superior dry fly floatant, and I've heard rumors that Gink and Aquel are just Albolene repackaged. I'd be a little hesitant to use it on expensive plastic fly lines because of the petroleum mineral oil- I'd be afraid of it possibly softening the coating and making it tacky over time ??? or is that unfounded?

Murray it's also not commonly available all over the US either... I don't know why.

I found the manufacturers website and talked the wife into getting some for "her wrinkles" :lol: This company has some way useful products, for example; the product for ringing in the ears, my doctor gives them to me because they are too expensive to buy here in Canada. Apparently I can purchase them from the manufacturer for a very substantial savings...well not better than free but very good price....the link..........

http://www.dsehealthcare.com/

Murray

I found the manufacturers website and talked the wife into getting some for "her wrinkles" :lol: This company has some way useful products, for example; the product for ringing in the ears, my doctor gives them to me because they are too expensive to buy here in Canada. Apparently I can purchase them from the manufacturer for a very substantial savings...well not better than free but very good price....the link..........

Murray

Did that ringing show up before or after you mentioned your wife's wrinkles to her..... That had to leave a mark....LOL

Paul

Murray

Did that ringing show up before or after you mentioned your wife's wrinkles to her..... That had to leave a mark....LOL

Paul

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh I understand completely.

A little while back my wife made a Dr's appt for me and sent me with a sealed note. The DR opened the note and told me this may take some serious work and showed me the note.

Note:

" Dear Dr, is there a medication that will get my Husband's brain to mouth filter working again? "Last week when my sister called he asked her what kind of millage her broom got? and that is just one example"

The DR gave me some little blue pills and told they should keep her mind off my filter problem.

paul