Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ThreeJsDad

Furhter Refinement ???

Hey folks, I have, with your help, refined my dunns to look quite amazing and still easy enough to tie I will fill my boxes with them. Now on to Cripples, it has been mentioned that Antron doesn't float real well so what you you folks suggest for a trailing shuck?

Thanks, paul

I like my 'cipples' to lie in the film so I like the tail to just dig in. I use Antron but marabou mostly. Sometimes hackle fibres but less and less so.

Who said the shuck of a cripple should float?

UHHHH.....I read it on the bathroom wall....LOL Point well taken !

Paul

Look at my step by step, "ucripple." The tail and abdomen on these is supposed to penetrate the film. I have no trouble keeping these floating in the film with just the bubble of deer hair, thorax (synthetic dubbing,) and flared tips of the deer hair floating. Its my go to surface pattern.

post-12074-0-76672900-1336147594_thumb.jpg

Look at my step by step, "ucripple." The tail and abdomen on these is supposed to penetrate the film. I have no trouble keeping these floating in the film with just the bubble of deer hair, thorax (synthetic dubbing,) and flared tips of the deer hair floating. Its my go to surface pattern.

Very cool pattern. I have always tied and fished the Sparkle Duns. I may try something like what you tie.

Paul

Try using CDC.

Either a feather wound round the shank or in a dubbing loop.

[/quote

Nicely done!