Fly Tying
TheYiman

Topwater Deer Hair Swap

so your back from vacation did you get to throw the cat in the hat?

I did. I put it on the first night. Never got a Pike with it, but I did land a chunky Smallie on it and missed a giant Smallmouth on it too. The big boy must have just had the tail in its mouth cause it just let go after a few seconds.

Ended up landing Pike on the fly with a chartreuse and white half and half.

That cat in the hat is so much fun though! I love the huge sound it makes.

Margeretann - you're in.

Radtz - you're in too.

I sat down and got three of mine down today. How are the rest of y'all coming?

I'm doing a white and black diver that is one of my top Smallie flies.

I have all but two of them "tied" but that's the easy part. Sometime this week I'll pick up more hair then have a trim-athon next week. They're 2/0 frogs by the way.

-Mike

Mine are in the mail. Finding a suitably large tin was the issue for me. They wouldn't fit in my 'normal' trout swap boxes.

I've got six divers tied I plan on finishing them this week and I guess I'll have search for something to ship them in too hadn't thought about that yet

Sounds good y'all. I'm halfway there. I've never noticed till now how quickly double-sided razors get dull. I have never tied a bunch of deer hairs back to back. I'm pretty much using a new blade every other fly. They are still great for the carving. I also had a mishap yesterday - I was cutting the first cut along the bottom and got too close to the hook shank and nicked the mono = the whole thing came undone. Whole lotta work for nothing.

Yeah, it might be wise to use an over-sized box, so the bugs aren't too crowded on their way back.

Bruce - yours arrived today. They are a cool looking bug. Love how the body is constructed.