Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

Deer Hair Crustaceans

Just got the new camera yesterday...Hope to take it out on the water very soon, less tying and more fishing.

Shrimp

IMGP0070.jpg

Crab

IMGP0085.jpgIMGP0086.jpg

Looks great Dave! I'll bet the Pompano will jump on that. I've been tying so much lately, I hope I haven't forgotten how to sight cast redfish.

Kirk

I think they look great Panama. Have you fished them yet. Looks like I will be in east central FL this winter so I will give them a try. I have to get me a water craft of some sort to fish the inshore waters. Bank fishing is very restrictive. Need to get on the water.

Looks great Dave! I'll bet the Pompano will jump on that. I've been tying so much lately, I hope I haven't forgotten how to sight cast redfish.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk. It's time for fall run pomps and like you it seems for one reason or another I have spent more time at the bench than on the water. Hope to change things up soon ;)

I think they look great Panama. Have you fished them yet. Looks like I will be in east central FL this winter so I will give them a try. I have to get me a water craft of some sort to fish the inshore waters. Bank fishing is very restrictive. Need to get on the water.

Haven't had the chance to try them yet, spent the weekend cleaning leaves off the roof and keeping peace on the home front.

Have you thought about a kayak? I used one quite a bit a few years back, great way to get into some awesome areas with little cost or bother.

Great looking shrimpy.... I'm back on the water tomorrow night (we'll be sightfishing small to medium tarpon) I'll bet that bug in all white would do just fine for fish hanging out in docklights or in the shadows up under local bridges. Very nice.

Tight lines

Bob LeMay

(954) 435-5666

Jeepers Creepers ... where'd you get those peepers??? Those are some neat looking eyes. I haven't seen any like that yet. Where did you get those?

Thanks PJ, if they will only catch fish I'll be happy.

Mike, the beads come from hobby lobby (spools) and Saltybum sent me the ones hanging from the vise. I looked around and you can find them @ party city or other party stores.

As far as tying them in...Just cut and place like you would standard bead chain, or if you want them longer just cut of a piece as long as you need and crush all but the ones you need.

To keep them stiff for crabs and shrimp brush thin super flue on the thread until stiff, I used to use CCG but supper glue is easier.

IMGP0127.jpgIMGP0123.jpgIMGP0120.jpg

Have you thought about a kayak? I used one quite a bit a few years back, great way to get into some awesome areas with little cost or bother.

I have considered a kayak. In fact I will probably buy either a yak or Gheenoe. Yak is much cheaper but more limited than a Gheenoe. I am getting old and a gheenoe may be easier for me to launch and retrieve.

Thanks for the thought

Great stuff Dave. The bead eyes are killer looking. The temperature is dropping so the fishing should really pick up in the next few weeks. You going out this weekend?

I have considered a kayak. In fact I will probably buy either a yak or Gheenoe. Yak is much cheaper but more limited than a Gheenoe. I am getting old and a gheenoe may be easier for me to launch and retrieve.

Thanks for the thought

We had a 13' w/ 9.8 Tohatsu four stroke that we used on the lake... loved it. That would be an outstanding choice for backwater fishing.

Great stuff Dave. The bead eyes are killer looking. The temperature is dropping so the fishing should really pick up in the next few weeks. You going out this weekend?

Thanks Andy. Hope to get out first of next week, was hoping to go tomorrow after work, but we are have a tree removed first thing in the morning.

How about you? The weather doesn't get any better than this.

Dave the flies look great! The beads though and Panama City concern me. You don't use them to bait co-ed spring breakers during the off season? LOL Is that what REALLY happened to the camera?

Wow !!! That's a very cool looking assortment of flies !!!

I use some black bead chain eyes, but I've had them for years and didn't even remember where they came from. I didn't even think of all those colors. Some of those eyes must be fish catchers without any of the rest of the fly!!!

I am heading to the craft store as soon as I am done typing. :-)

The beads though and Panama City concern me. You don't use them to bait co-ed spring breakers during the off season? LOL Is that what REALLY happened to the camera?

I didn't realize we had a spring break crowd here...Really? ;) I'll have to be more careful.