Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

OCTOBER Flies

Even though I do not tie very many of the old traditional streamer patterns any more: I still very much appreciate them when they are well represented by the great care you have given them.

JUJURS2BAETISUV2-1-_zps1e4ba45e.jpg

JUJU (UV 2) RS-2 EMERGER (Baetis, Gray/Olive)…Chung/Craven-Variant…Daiichi 1110, #18 – #22…

GHECBAETIS-2-_zps258f8101.jpg

GRAY HAZE CRIPPLE FALL/BAETIS…Wiese/Variant…Daiichi 1110, #18 – #20...

PT/TB ;)

Digging those kauha-apina, and PT your emerger and cripple are up to your normal excellent standards!

Murray

Did a 1/0 bug last night. I thought this bug was awesome until I sort of got screwy at the head and didn't get the last bundle packed in there as tight as I'd like. From the eyes back it's the tightest body I have spun/stacked.

DSC_0013-5.jpg

DSC_0020-2.jpg

That's a great looking hair popper. I am still trying to get that tight of a packing. I fish with foam poppers more, just because I am currently hooked on the sunfish bite.

For bass bugs, I personally like the sound of a looser pack. If you pack it as tightly as possible, it's not much different than a cork or foam body. I love the look of hair, love the sound of hair ... I am not sure the fish care much, it looks edible !!!

Figured I would go ahead and get my feet wet over halfway through the month, not the first fly I have tied this month but it is the first new fly I have tied, saw the pattern on youtube, easy tie looks like it will be effective look forward to getting it wet soon. Also for you trout guys this would be effective on a lot smaller scale as this is on a sz 4 hook.

DSCF4015_zps393f8443.jpg

Good luck and Tight lines

I felt pretty streamer-inspired after seeing those beautiful ones Kauha-apina tied, so here is my little addition to this month's thread!

Enjoy!

Thank You and Tight Lines,

Carson LeBoeuf

post-43009-0-19173200-1350516087_thumb.jpg

Oh wow those look really good! ^^

Steelhead fly I been tweaking, added 0.015 leadfree to the body but that made this thing flip on it's side...Quick idea was to add a wing which keels this and keeps the profile adding a baitfish type colour. Hook point down, heavy wire hook PLUS the leadfree wire, and u are DEEP.

Tag is Uni-Mylar (Peacock), body is Largartun french flat u Braid, really shines through the kingfisher blue spey hackle and Spirit river UV guinea...I am now adding a few (5-10) strands of Enrico Puglisi UV sparkle

Addition of a wing keeps this swinging really nice, perfect for large fish...

PA182025.jpg

For swinging right here...

PA162009.jpg

That rock requires a great side cast.

Then it eats the fly and u end up 400m downstream...

PA162017.jpg

More refining and results but this fly tying works really nicely!

It's really a challenge, reeling in a 400 pound boulder. And all you wanted was the 2 pound fish beside it. I think that's why we tie 20 of the same pattern, no?

IBBLOJ-1-_zpsd77cff9b.jpg

IRON BRIDGE UV 2 BATTIS…(GRAY BAETIS) -Jurgens/Variant…Daiichi 1480, #18 – #22 ...

SSMKDD-1-_zpsd12540b4.jpg

SNOWSHOE MESS (Knock Down Dun) – Gray Baetis…Schollmeyer/Matthews-Variant…TMC 2488, #16 -#22…

...for HERE:

OWENSTRACKWINTER-1-_zps38d2b6da.jpg

PT/TB ;)