Fly Tying
Knightstalker

Trout Dry Fly Swap

Got mine tied up this weekend. Ended up tying the olive sparkle duns in size 18 with thread abdomen to make a thinner profile. I kept tying and am selecting the best 11 to mail on. Plan to print the toe tags at work tomorrow and hopefully get them in the mail this coming week, just need an address.

IMG_9916.jpg

- William

That is a nice looking sparkle dun. The trout will willingly take that for me here in Colorado.

C

That is a nice looking sparkle dun. The trout will willingly take that for me here in Colorado.

C

That's where I fish them too. Amazing how often they want them in 18's and 20's. One of my favorite spots I watch trout come up, hang under the fly for a foot before taking it or rejecting it. Exciting and frustrating fishing. Go through 4 or 5 slightly different flies before finding the right one. After that you can catch them one after another until it stops feeling fair :)

I'd like to do a Renegade, maybe #16 or #12 depending on how I feel.

FWIW I felt like splitting the difference and doing the Renegades in #14 as well.

post-37740-0-39812500-1352875882_thumb.jpg

(The flash 'thickened' the hackle.)

(And I need to work on my photo setup and technique...)

I'm almost done. Got addy?

Jimboha!

I'm almost done. I've got 12 tied up, but I'm going to tie a few more, just for fun ;).

Address please!

(hopefully i can get them mailed out early next week, gotta make toe tags still)

I am going to have to change my fly. I thought I had plenty of dun dry fly hackle, but it turns out it is all large sizes. So, I am going to be changing my fly to a size 20 Griffith's Gnat. I have some beautiful grizzly hackle from a Silver grade cape that is making some really nice gnats.

-Forrest

Hey Folks,

The floatilla of Missing Links is complete. Now they just need an address so I know where to send this little armada.

-Ben