Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - November

Bass Mouth's flies arrived today. Two sets! One for November & the other for December. Remind me, Bass Mouth, how you want me to handle this. I can send both sets back to you once the December flies arrive or I can send you the November set now and the December set later. I will just have to come up with a box of some sort to use now and then send the rest back to you in the fly box you sent now. It's your call. Just tell me how you want me to handle it.

Now, back to everyone. There is still one set out and I'm expecting it any day now. As soon as I get that last set, I'll have November's flies on their way back to all of you.

Take care

BB

You can just hold onto my container until the last set is in and then send the two remaining sets then. I am glad they finally arrived, I was getting a little worried to be honest. I guess I forgot what time of the year it is, the post office across North America usually get bogged right down.

Thanks again for holding the swap and I look forward to seeing what everyone has tied!

Hey Fellows, the last set of flies arrived yesterday and I was able to get them divided up, but the Post Office closes early on Saturday and so I guess it will be Monday before I can get them in the mail. But you should have them by the end of next week. They are a great set of flies and I am sure that you will all enjoy fishing with them. One more set and the Swap Club will conclude for this year.

Take care

BB

One more set and the Swap Club will conclude for this year.

Does this mean there will be a next year? ;)

I will host some swaps next year, but I'm not so sure about a swap club. There have been more frustrations this year than I ever thought possible when we began last January. If I could keep the exact same 12 guys we have now and you would all promise to stay in unless something major happened, I would consider it. I don't mind the routine of receiving, dividing up and mailing back the flies each month. It's having to deal with people dropping out without them ever saying that they are going to have to drop out, having someone join as a replacement and only stay a couple of months and then you have to find more replacements, etc, that is the real drag. Having to PM people who have committed to the swap to ask them if they are going to send in flies, drop out, or what is a real stomach knotter. Begging people to give me some kind of answer and not hearing from them at all is a royal pain. I would have to think long and hard before starting another swap club. It would be interesting to see how many of the 12 swappers we have right now would be interested in going for another full year. But before anyone responds, read the original post to the December sign up thread and think about the questions that I asked over there. What do you say, guys?

Take care

BB

I would be interested 100% in joining for another year. As well the stipulation that you must provide a phone number would be perfectly fine with me. I have enjoyed the swap in the short few months I have been a member and look forward to joining more swaps in the future. Seeing what everyone else ties and trying to challenge myself to tie new things was greatly satisfying.

So far, only 4 of the 11 swappers (besides me) have expressed any interest in another year. That would mean that we would need 7 more swappers and who knows how many of them would stay with us? I'll wait another few days to decide and see if there is any more interest. In the meantime, I have come up with what would be our monthly "theme" to go by. Here is is:

January – Bead Head

February – Damsel Fly/Dragon Fly Nymph Or Scud/CzechNymph/Grub/etc

March – Learn a New Pattern

April – Rubber Legs

May – Terrestrial

June – Your Favorite Bluegill Fly

July – Peacock Herl

August – May Fly/Caddis Fly Any Stage

September – Learn ANOTHER New Pattern

October – Bead Chain Eyes/Mono Eyes

November – Any Nymph

December – Anything You Want

Is anyone else, besides Riff, BassMouth, IMX & Yetavon interested in going for another year? Let me know. And, yes, to answer your questions, the phone number would be sent to me through a PM and it would never be shared or published, etc. I would be the only one who would have it, and I would only use it in the event that I couldn't reach you any other way.

Take care

BB

Ristarwen and Dreamcaster have both said they will stay for a second year. That gives us 6 of the 11 we have now. Let's see what some of the others think.

BB

Let me ask all of you a question. When I receive a PM in my messenger box, I receive an email right away telling me that I have a new PM. Also, the text of the PM will appear in that email. And in addition to that, if I post a new thread or reply to someone else's thread, I receive an email telling me that someone has posted to a thread that I am subscribed to and the email will also contain the text of what has been posted. That way, if someone sends me a PM or if someone asked me a question in a thread, I know about it right away. It amazes me that I can send someone a PM and then I don't get a reply for several days, if ever. If you send a PM to someone or if you ask a question in a thread, you would expect to get a response within a reasonable period of time. If your account with the Flytyingforum isn't set up like that, and you plan to be in the Bluegill Swap Club in 2013, if we should decide to do it again, would you consider changing your account so that you get an instant notification in your email inbox informing you that you have a new PM or that someone has posted a reply to a thread that you are involved in?

Thanks

BB

Thanks, guys. Famill00 is in for next year. I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of guys. The PM went out a couple of days ago, so, hopefully, I will hear soon. At this point I know that we have one opening. I have contacted the person who was next in line to fill an opening but so far, I haven't heard from him.

Take care

BB

WOW.....and I mean WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great collection of bugs.When I opened it up I thought BB had somehow made a mistake....took alittle time but got the 29 bugs sorted out.

I forgot about the extras...nice surprise...