Fly Tying

Hey Riff, I will throw something in if you need one more to round out the group. I have been in tying mode the past couple days. I have had some "use it or lose it" vacation days from work. Let me know if you would like me to take the last spot.

-Forrest

Thanks for the invite, Riff. I'm going to be tying up some RFSN's for the swap clubs in January and I'm thinking I might just keep on tying those for this swap as well. It's one of the best 'gill patterns that I know of, but I understand that it is an effective cold water pattern as well. Unless you guys would like to see something else, I'll tie up some bead head RFSN's and post about a bead head technique that isn't apparent to a casual observer but that really makes a difference. Might even include a picture or two to demonstrate the technique. Some of your beginners here might benefit from learning a bead head technique. How does that sound?

Take care

BB

Thanks for the offer Forrest but I had already invited a couple of people and had to give them first Dibbs and Ray letumgo Tucker is filling in our last spot. For you guys that don't know Ray he is one hell of a nice guy and his flies are second to none

sounds great BB I'm sure any instruction is well appreciated. I think I am in a pickle though. I was thinking about doing a woven stonefly nymph. BUT!!! I got looking through some of my more unusual materials and came acrossed some tissue paper which got me thinking about my favorite caddis pattern. I actually have 6 of these flies in every fly box I own except my Pike box. So I am opening this up to you all which would you all want a dry or a nymph?

Personally, I'd rather have the Caddis. Most of my fishing is in stillwater where stones aren't found. But caddis flies are another story and I'm not sure I've ever seen your caddis fly. If you keep some in every fly box you have except the pike box, then I need to know that pattern.

Take care

BB

Looks like I will be sending in a Grey Winged Caddis, they are already tied and ready to go, just need and address.

20121221_004518.jpg

20121221_004445.jpg

20121221_004830.jpg

Decided I would incorporate some elk hair, and some hackle spinning.

Hope everyone enjoys them

Simon O

My address is

Paul Boss

6458 N. Forest Lake dr

Alger,MI

Please mark the envelope as Beginner swap to help me out as I am also running another swap

I think I am leaning toward the caddis pattern so I can tie up a couple dozen for my trout box

I'm thinking I'm going to tie up some Gary Kreb's styled poppers if there's no objections. I just got a set of his popper jigs and a selection of foam from River Road Creations, so this would be a great opportunity to hone my skills with them.

I'm changing my pattern from Spider to Sparrow. Got a ringneck pheasant skin for Christmas and it would have been Jack Gartsides 70th birthday earlier this month, so I will tie Sparrow size 12 TMC 200BL. It is a very versatile pattern, used in many types of water for lots of different species. Hope people will like it.

Steve

so my flies are done and i was just wondering what the address was to send them to? just have to toe tag and send them. thanks in advance,

Joman