Fly Tying

Oh and I forgot to say...I can't wait to get these flies... They should be here any time now if not already at the post office.... Somebody ran over my mailbox and it got put back up this morning

Riffleriver, you could put a May 1st deadline, give us time to research and buy parts. I'm pretty busy with work right now too, and in the middle of a couple of local tying classes and a rod building class with a project rod. May is about as early as I'd want to commit to.

Guys I would be interested as well. I would need some time though. Things busy with work here and I have an upcoming vacation with the family that I am very stoked about Im actually going to get a couple days of fishing on the fly in. I dont qualify as a SM but I have always liked the idea of a swap limited flies that you use regularly and catch fish on all the time and to have multiple types submitted. Fair warning I fish for all types of fish bass, trout, panfish, saltwater, catfish, and I even plan on casting for carp this summer (about kills me to admit to the carp, I was trained as a youngster to pitch ol buglemouth upon the bank along with gar. It was and still is here a commonly held belief that carp eat bass eggs)

Got mine last night....and have to say I love all of them....they are all definetly gonna get xhewed up real good this year

Bream buster

Do u mind to post a recipe or a materials list for your squirrel nymph. I found the shell crackers on the bed today and wore them out on your fly dropped under a size six stealth bomber. The fly is now chewed up beyond recognition. Thanks!!

Kudu, I take some short cuts in tying this fly. The original recipe calls for Red Fox Squirrel fur. The body is the dark brown fur from the squirrel's back and the thorax is the lighter reddish fur from the belly. The more guard hairs you leave in the dubbing, the "buggier" your fly will be, but the harder it is to dub. Getting just enough fur without guard hairs is time consuming. My shortcut is that I use some guard hairs from a Fox Squirrel for the tail, and then mix the fur with the dubbing I use. The dubbing I use is Dave Whitlock SLF Pattern Blends 01 which is "Red Fox Squirrel Nymph - Thorax" (reddish) and 02 "Red Fox Squirrel Nymph Abdomen" (dark brown) So the pattern is Beadhead to match hook size. See my post on the previous page about using 5 turns of .010 lead wire to secure the beadhead. Tie in the tail & 2 strands of pearl Krystal Flash for rib. Dub the abdomen with the dark brown dubbing and then reverse spiral the Krystal Flash rib. Tie in the rubber legs which are just pumpkin flake Silli Legs. Then dub the thorax with the reddish dubbing between the legs and up to the beadhead. Whip finish and you're ready to catch some fish. I use a 3906B #10 hook and a size 1/8 bead.<br />Good luck.<br /><br />BB

I only been tying for bout 3 mouths and I somehow can go to a creak and cacth my limit($î×) I use dead skinand what ever hair, sting,like stuff or feathers I can find