Fly Tying
Ebrant10

Hackle Chickens

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying working with these guys, it's fun to watch them grow, it's almost like you can see a difference in saddles every day. Chances are notenuftoys the ones on Instagram u saw were mine. I have the same name on there. Christopherk I have you signed up I'll be contacting you around mid April!

I have one of Evans capes and I have already said on the forum its a great quality. Easily compares to my Whitings Bronze cape. I can tie down to a #24 with the feathers at the top and because Evan includes the side flap bits (sorry dont know proper name) you get a lot of bigger feathers great for streamers, salmon patterns etc. I wish I had taken the saddle as well as the cape and would recommend anyone grabs both if he offers the chance.

They range from size 20 on out to 10s on dry quality hackle. The pictures are my hackle compared to a metz 3 neck hackle. The hackle on the left is a size 16 my grizzly vs a size 16 ginger metz (white the only color i have left in a metz 3). On the right is the same thing in size 14, and above is my grizzly saddle vs a mets badger. The hooks show the starting point of the useable portion of the feather, not too much difference. The flies are each tied with my hackle,(just something i threw together no specific pattern) there are two shots of each the size 14 and the size 16. The flies were tied with the grizzly hackle in the first picture. Thanks for all the interest guys it means a lot to me. The next thing is what to charge? Lol i have no idea what would be the right price to as to charge for a whole skin.

Evan

i see your tying with a peak vise. I have the same. How much was your d- arm and material holder. I've been looking around and can't find any.